This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

authoring

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I made a dozen home movies with different cameras and phones but did not realize at the time they could only be played on pcs.

I have been reading about authoring and  ripping etc.

 

My goal is to change these dvds and cds to DVD so I can play them in a DVD player and on TV.

 

Is authoring a technique that does it all or should I rip first?

 

It seems I have to take the files off the finalized discs and put them in my pc.

Then use the authoring technique to change the files to DVD for players other than just pc but including pcs.

 

I do not know if I need to rip then author or if there is one program that does it all.

I have read about DVD flick but it has not been undated since about 2009 and some users are finding issues.

I tried to use ImgBurn(part of DVD Flick but it was to complex for me.

 

Does anyone have any ideas where I can start to accomplish this project?

Peter,

 

It doesn't appear that anyone feels like an expert in this area.

 

I know nothing about authoring… but it appears to me that all you want to do is burn some movies you took to dvd's. 

 

This comment has me a bit confused:

 

My goal is to change these dvds and cds to DVD so I can play them in a DVD player and on TV.

Are you distinguishing between dvd's and DVD's?  I believe they are the same thing.

 

You should be able to use about any DVD burning software to do what you want to accomplish.  You just need to make sure that you burn them in a format that player of your choice recognizes.  I believe that the most common format that your player should be able to play is mpg … specifically MPEG-2.  There are many more formats available so you need to see what your player recognizes.

I have discs that will not play on my old player which indicates it plays MPEG-2 only.  I need to author them to run on s a dvd player.

I have the knack of it now and will get to it asap.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI