This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

How to get m2ts files into an editing prog

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi all, I just picked up a Panasonic HDC-sd600 camera to make high quality vids which I will upload to youtube. I've recorded some material (stayed away from the 50fps option as I read that would make progs struggle). But the file is a m2ts file. All my players mess this up (jumps, lags, fuzzy etc) and my editing software doesn't like the format. Is there a way of converting these files to something more well known like AVI without losing quality, or somewhere I can edit them without lag etc? So frustrating!
I am always sceptical of those supposedly perfect programs - is the one you mention definitely a decent piece of software?
I'm surprised these video cameras, especially HD don't come with file conversion software :( I can't recommend or endorse one particular program. I would try out one or two of the software apps. available with a 30day trial so you can judge for yourself which one you prefer. Everyone would have their own favorite app. depending on user preferences. Cheers, Lee..

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI