Hey guys. I received a camera as a gift several months ago. It is a Sony Cybershot 14.1 mega pixels. The picture and video quality are quite nice. I've only really taken pictures with it so far so I haven't had a problem with it.
I want to take videos of myself for homework for language classes. But, I want to edit them to remove mistakes or too much time between speaking, stuff like that. I can upload straight unedited videos to YouTube, which turn out nice. But, I just went to go try and use Windows Movie Maker, to try and learn how to edit them, but it doesn't take it. Apparently it doesn't accept mp4 quality videos. I tried to read whatever I could find about converting it to mp3, or something that the WMM could actually use. I found several free converters. Only one has worked so far, and, it only has been able to convert my mp4 video to an mp3 audio.
I looked all through my camera options to try and change it from mp4 to mp3 directly on the camera, but I don't think it can. None of the converters I downloaded convert mp4 to any supported extension supported by WMM.
So, does anyone have any ideas? I'm willing to go back and try various things.
Thanks.
Edit: Moving to the Windows forum, you'll get better visibility there.
You can't convert mp4 to mp3. Mp4 is a audio/video format. Mp3 is a pure audio format. You'll lose the video everytime.
Use THIS to convert your MP4 files into MPG, or AVI.
Hi appleoddity,
I'm not sure why, but my Malwarebytes pro (live protection) blocks that link on my PC and gives me the message that it has blocked a potentially malicious website (?).
You can't convert mp4 to mp3. Mp4 is a audio/video format. Mp3 is a pure audio format. You'll lose the video everytime.
Use THIS to convert your MP4 files into MPG, or AVI.
Hi appleoddity,
I'm not sure why, but my Malwarebytes pro (live protection) blocks that link on my PC and gives me the message that it has blocked a potentially malicious website (?).
Cheers,
Lee
Lee,
My experience is different, with Malwarebytes (real-time protection) running on the XP Home SP3 system.
No alert provoked by the site linked by Appleoddity.
Hmm,
I'm running it through Opera and W7. Tried the link a few more times in both Opera and IE8 and I'm still getting the same block and message
These are my security settings. Are they the same as yours Doug?
[attachment removed]
Cheers,
Lee
PS Edit: Just tried that link in XP pro. Still being blocked.
Do you have the latest Malwarebytes updates Doug?
remixedcat - suggestion. When you provide the name of a program you are recommending, please also provide a link, makes it easier for us to look at.
Thanks
Thank you ALso notice this is an old thread that ended in March. Probably not much interest in it any more but your post may help someone searching for similar problems.
Thank you ALso notice this is an old thread that ended in March. Probably not much interest in it any more but your post may help someone searching for similar problems.
I knew that but I felt it would be best for google searching. if people ended up on that topic it would help them a lot.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI