This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Download Troubles

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

This is my first post, I was lead to this site when I did a google search on my problem and the post suggested that it was caused by a hijacking attempt. I was silly enough to browse the web with my new laptop for a few weeks without any spyware/virus protection, so I may have picked up something. For the first week, I could browse the web easily, with a reasonably fast connection. But now when I click on a link or try to bring up a page, it won't always download. It helps if I click on it twice or refresh the page but sometimes this isn't even enough.

- I know it's not the Internet connection, as my wifes laptop is also connected through the same Wireless router and it still works fine.
- I've downloaded several anti spyware programs and removed their suggested threats with no change.
- I tried updating system drivers including one for the Wi-Fi
- I removed then reinstalled Internet Explorer 8.

Hopefully the results of this scan will reveal something to you. Much Appreciated, Leigh

Reason for edit: Remove HJT log and upload as attachment. HJT logs are not allowed in anywhere except the malware forum.

📎leroybrown.25HJT.txt
Hi there leroybrown.25,
Welcome to WTT :thumbup:

I was silly enough to browse the web with my new laptop for a few weeks without any spyware/virus protection, so I may have picked up something.


I think first and foremost you should visit the WTT Melware section.
http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=27


Once cleared and you still have any problems you can come back here to resolve them.

Cheers,
Lee

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI