Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91701 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

webpages blocked/not opening

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hedley93

hedley93

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 09:26 AM

Hi, I chose the above title because really I don't know what is happening. When I click on a link on a webpage often I will get what I would call an 'exclamation' noise (as much as to say you can't do that) on my computer and the link won't open. One particular site this happens with is Download.com (if I can mention names). When I try to download a programme the next page appears thanking me for downloading whatever programme, but I didn't get an option to save it, so obviously it is not downloaded. Clicking on the programme download link again just takes me back to the first page. This happens every time on this site and I get this same noise. Even putting it into my trusted sites doesn't make a difference. Can anyone tell me what the problem might be. I can't see anything in my settings that would cause this. I should say that this has happened ever since I installed windows etc onto a new computer. Very annoying, especially if the document concerned is important. I am using IE7. Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered. hedley

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 03:48 PM

Hi,
There a number of things that can cause this problem, so we need to try and eliminate some things and hopefully thereafter we will be able to arrive at a solution.
1 Download Mozilla Firefox :
http://www.mozilla-e...oducts/firefox/
2 Install it and see how you go.
3 Report back with details of how your machine functions on opening links using Firefox
Regards
paws

Edited by paws, 13 May 2008 - 03:48 PM.

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Tech

• Tech Team
  • 7,780 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Good, inexpensive wine (not an oxymoron).

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:12 PM

Sounds like the Popup blocker is kicking in.

Rich

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.