Can't download from 1 site
8 min read
I think your answer is in your on post. If all the other sites work, I would think it's the site, Crossfit that's having the issues.I can download files of all types from all over the web, EXCEPT Crossfit.com. This is a free exercise site that provides articles in pdf format and videos in WMV and MOV. The rest of the site works OK, but these downloads. Its been like this for a few weeks, and it driving me nuts! A few hundred kb download as normal, then it stops (or slows to a stop)… Over the same period, I've had no trouble downloading any thing else (youtube vids, google chrome, windows updates, updated adaware, etc.).
Do they have a help area there?
Of note, they have some pics (nearly a meg) that download no prob. They are from "www.crossfit.com". The ones that won't work are from http://media.crossfit.com or http://journal.crossfit.com, if that could matter.
Thanks again!
Scott
Very recently I had the very same problem as you are having. I could not access here on WTT. It was the only link on the net I could not access so you can imagine my angst. After trying everything I knew I got my professional technician to come in here to find the problem.
James came, took over an hour to fix my inability to access WTT.
Finally after clearing my Host File, many phone calls back to his base for assistance getting WTT website up, he called my ISP, they took about 10 minutes to give him instrucitons to add proxy into:
- Internet Options
- Connections
- LAN settings
So the above was the answer to my problem. I hope this helps you, I have had no problem since a proxy was added.
Best regards,
It appears to me that LDTate's recommendation makes sense in pointing to the Website itself and inquiring with their Webmaster or Help Desk.
Your own machine "might" have unique features that specifically conflict with the Website, but we would not know what they might be, whereas the Website might have had a few other member/users with similar concerns.
When you contact them, provide information similar to what you've presented here.
Machine specifications
Operating System
Browser
AntiVirus
AntiSpyware
Firewall
Other installed software that may be involved in downloading (for instance the download manager you recently tried)
They will probably want to know that your have made certain that your machine is not malware infected, but details are not likely to be of use to them.
It would not be necessary to provide a HJT log to them and they would be highly unlikely to provide assistance for removal of malware anyway.
You have already received review from one of the best and most respected Malware Removal experts around…. LDTate.
If you do eventually have Malware Removal needs, I highly recommend that you return to the Malware Removal Forum here, where LDTate and many of his associates provide top notch assistance.
If you receive possible explanations from the Website, but no direct solution, it may be useful to post back here into this thread with the additional information that you may receive.
In the meantime, update your JAVA Runtime Environment to the most recent version
Link here: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Sun_Java_JRE…sed_t96166.html
Use Control Panel - Add/Remove to uninstall your older version of JAVA before freshly installing the new one.
______________________
clear your Domain Name Server
Start - Run - (type)cmd - Enter
At the blinking cursor (type)ipconfig /flushDNS <– notice the required space in front of (/)
after ipconfig /flushDNS has run its course, (type)exit - enter
_____________________
Use your MS Disk CleanUp to remove Temporary files.
____________________
Open Control Panel - Internet Options - General(tab)
Press - Delete (under browsing history) to remove cookies and temporary internet files.
Allow to delete "Offline content"
____________________
Please post back with your progress, and particularly with information that may be offered from the website.
Best Regards
You don't go looking for a proxy, contact your ISP, explain the problem as I did to mine, then they will give you the proxy to add to your LAN settings.sshankle wrote: tallin,
Thanks! I'll look into proxy servers. I'm on comcast, and couldn't find one last night though
As soon as the proxy was added, my problem was solved.
Why, I do not know, nor did my tech, nor could my ISP tell him the reason.
Best regards,
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI