This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet help

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am having real issues with ie8. I can click on the ie8 icon and it takes about 2 min. to load my home page. (very slow) then I can click on a favorites address or do a search in IE and ie will go to a blank white screen and the little icon in the adress bar just spins. sometimes it will stop after 5 min. and a page will display WEB PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED and a button to click on for diagnoise network connections. but most of the time it will just be a blank white screen. with the spinning icon. any help would be great. I don't know if I have viruses or what. I have removed several spyware cookies whatever those are. I'm not a teckie. My pc is running win xp pro with all the updates installed. I use a Belkin wireless router off of a cable connection modum. Thank You Larry :pullhair:
Hi Paws I think my IE issue is still an issue. this morning while I was reading a news artical on a web page, the page sunddenly went to the blank web page with the internet explorer could not display the page. see a screen shot of said page. I don't know if I attached the photo or not. I hope so. Later Larry :pullhair:
Hey mate, I noticed today when I did my windows update, that there were some fixes for IE. These may sort your problem so I recommend that you try using Windows Update… Hope this sorts the problem, Redeye
And to Ztruker, I did the winsock fix and so far my connection has stayed connected as far as I know. Thank You for your help. Larry I'll keep watching it though!! :)
You could also try downloading the Opera Browser. It is very fast and it is soon to include plugins like Firefox which will make it a complete browser :D

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI