Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet help

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 pokey23

pokey23

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:33 PM

I am having real issues with ie8. I can click on the ie8 icon and it takes about 2 min. to load my home page. (very slow) then I can click on a favorites address or do a search in IE and ie will go to a blank white screen and the little icon in the adress bar just spins. sometimes it will stop after 5 min. and a page will display WEB PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED and a button to click on for diagnoise network connections. but most of the time it will just be a blank white screen. with the spinning icon. any help would be great. I don't know if I have viruses or what. I have removed several spyware cookies whatever those are. I'm not a teckie. My pc is running win xp pro with all the updates installed. I use a Belkin wireless router off of a cable connection modum. Thank You Larry :pullhair:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 03:01 AM

Hi, Sorry to hear of the problems you have been experiencing with IE 8.
Take a look here:
http://windows.micro...orer-8-settings
as this may help
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 pokey23

pokey23

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:42 AM

Thanks for your quick responce. I think the internet reset has made a difference. I'll see how things go for a awhile. Larry

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:58 AM

That's good to hear. Let us know in a few days if the improvement is permanent Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#5 pokey23

pokey23

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:43 AM

Hi Paws I think my IE issue is still an issue. this morning while I was reading a news artical on a web page, the page sunddenly went to the blank web page with the internet explorer could not display the page. see a screen shot of said page. I don't know if I attached the photo or not. I hope so. Later Larry :pullhair:

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

Edited by pokey23, 12 October 2010 - 11:44 AM.

#6 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

Hi poksy23. While waiting for Paws to respond, give WinSockXP Fix a try. It often fixes problems like the ones you are experiencing.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#7 pokey23

pokey23

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hey Thanks I'll give it a shot. Larry

#8 -Redeye-

-Redeye-

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:PCs, Gaming etc

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:56 PM

Hey mate, I noticed today when I did my windows update, that there were some fixes for IE. These may sort your problem so I recommend that you try using Windows Update... Hope this sorts the problem, Redeye

#9 pokey23

pokey23

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:10 PM

Thanks for the info. Redeye, I'll check it out!

#10 pokey23

pokey23

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:13 PM

And to Ztruker, I did the winsock fix and so far my connection has stayed connected as far as I know. Thank You for your help. Larry I'll keep watching it though!! :)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:20 PM

That's good news indeed. Hope it really fixed it. Thanks for letting us know.

Rich

#12 pokey23

pokey23

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

well still having problems with IE. I wonder if my router is cutting off and on? :pullhair: Larry

#13 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 06:21 PM

Try installing FireFox, see if the problem occurs there as well. if not then it's IE specific problem. If yes then it's a system wide or router problem.

If it is IE, then try resetting IE8 to it's initial installation state.

Rich

#14 pokey23

pokey23

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:17 PM

thanks for the info. I will try the new browser. Larry

#15 -Redeye-

-Redeye-

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:PCs, Gaming etc

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:48 AM

You could also try downloading the Opera Browser. It is very fast and it is soon to include plugins like Firefox which will make it a complete browser :D