Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91868 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

please help i have a short deadline

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lance martin

lance martin

Authentic Member

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 12:51 PM

so i picked up this gateway computer and i installed the onboard ethernet drivers and went to hardware manager and no signs of anything not working..... it said this device is working properly so i go to open google chrome and it says the computer has internet on it nothing is showing up that leads me to believe nothings working anyways i open it up and it says webpage not found ....when all the drivers are installed properly working and internet too but somehow no urls i type in come up?????????????????????? really puzzled at this one first time ive ever seen anything like this happen plz help thanx Lance

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 04:49 PM

More information please... What Operating System ?? What Brand of NIC ?? wired or wireless Window Zero configuration or proprietary Router or no router Wireless WEP, WPA WPA2 protected or not What have you done to try to repair so far? Has the machine "ever" successfully connected to the internet ??? If yes, what occurred prior to connection failure. Have you created a network connection? If yes, and not working, have you done any of the following? Control Panel - Network - Repair this connection ??? ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew ??? Winsockfix ?? What's the Deadline?
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:42 AM

only time i've had that problem was when my pc was connected to my router, so showing a network connection, but my router was not connected to my isp, the isp was down, so first thing i'd check is if your routers connected to the isp. you do this by typing in 192.168.0.1(or whatever your routers home address is) into your browser and entering the admin name and password if asked(if not asked i would seriously think about setting one for security, and/or changing the default one if it does ask for one but you never set it,) then looking to see what the routers status is, it should say something like connected to dns server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx and/or gateway ip address xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx the x's should be ip addresses that belong to your isp. :popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 24 November 2010 - 05:44 AM.