Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Wired Internet not Working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xSygma

xSygma

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:40 PM

My Wireless Internet is working fine on everything else in my home but my computer is wired and when I try to get on a browser it says modem/router or sometimes no Internet connection is not found but on the desktop it says i'm connected I need help to fix it.BTW it is a ASUS Windows 8

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

Sorry, can you try that again?

Is the problem with a wired connection

but my computer is wired

or a wireless problem.

What is the complete model number?

Click on Start then Run or press Window key (next to left Ctrl key) +R and paste the following into the Run box, exactly as shown, including double quotes:

cmd /c "ipconfig /all > postme.txt & ping yahoo.com >> postme.txt & notepad postme.txt & del postme.txt"

and press ENTER.

A file will open in Notepad. Please copy and paste the contents here.

Close the Notepad window and the file will be deleted and the Command Prompt window will also close.

If you don't have a Run selection off the Start menu, see here: Enable Run Command on Windows 7 or Vista Start Menu, or How to access the 'Run' box in Windows® 8.1 - YouTube or just press Windows Key (next to the left Ctrl key) + R, or open the Modern desktop, type run then click on Run that appears.

• geriann and VigienLen like this

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Rain Terminal

Rain Terminal

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Interests:Programming, Web design, app development, literally anything geeky, Wrestled in college, guitar for 10+ years, or just straight up talking to people.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

Also Check if your CAT5 cable (ethernet) is working. Same thing happened to me, ended up being a faulty cable.

Posted Image