This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

No internet on 1 pc

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi I've had this problem over and over again after every reinstall/reformat of the computer. It says that it is connected with the ethernet cable, and it recieves packages from the router and send packages to it. I tried accesing the computer from another computer in the LAN, and it worked just fine, but when I try going online or accesing the routers web based page it doesn't work. Neither does LAN gaming, which was wery weird since I started the game over lan from this computer, but they couldn't find each other in LAN. (Understand? :unsure: ) The computer is an old Dell Dimension 4600.
Have you checked in Device Manager for any yellow or red warning relative to Network Adapter Driver on that particular machine. It's probably D-Link or Linksys or RealTek? Be sure you have the correct and updated driver for the Network Adapter. Any more information you could give us to try to narrow this down? Worked before, but not now? Other Hardware changes you may have made. Is this machine recognized and addressed in your Router? "Seen" by other machines in the Network? Is this machine listed as the same Workgroup as the others? Using the same Client: ie: Client for Microsoft Networks, etc. Best Regards

Be sure you have the correct and updated driver for the Network Adapter.

Why didn't I think of it? Works like a charm, thanks.
Hello Dough, by the way :P
I guess there were something that had owerwritten some files, after a reinstall it all worked fine :D :weee:[image unavailable: Posted Image]

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI