This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

I/O Device Error

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have an external floppy drive - Y-E DATA USB-FDU is what is given in device manager and there is no exclamation mark to say the device is faulty. I had xp pro sp3 installed when I got this because my internal floppy was not working and as I was upgrading to windows 7 the drive is so old, it likely wouldn't have worked with 7. Anyway, the drive would not work with xp no matter how many floppies I put in and there was no explanation as to why it wasn't working. I now have windows 7 installed and it doesn't work on it either except now I get a message saying ' The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error'. I googled the error, but the only reference I could find was relating to a cd or dvd drive. Would anyone have any suggestions as to what I could try to fix this. The existing driver is given as 6.1.7600.16385 if that is any help. Maybe just needs a driver update?
Thanks for the reply Doug. Sorry for the delay in answering. I had already seen the MS file on this. I got a message saying I was using a different os to the one in the answer and to try the windows 7 solutions. I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate now. (Just updated my profile). I could not find anything there that referred to the problem. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated, as always. hedley

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI