gjpjoep
Topic Starter
Referred by annoyances.org
You posted the following message to the Windows XP Annoyances Discussion Forum:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1230856407
I had a trojan horse virus on Windows XP, SP2, called Zedo and possibly another called
Internet Speed Monitor that got past my Trend Micro subscription virus software.
Trend Micro HelpDesk helped me get rid of these, but two side effects remained. First
it blocked Task Manager, and the TM Desk gave me a registry fix. It also blocked
access to all 3 of my CD/DVD drives including one USB external. TM could not help
me with these. I tried transferring a driver over my network and re-installing -
No go. It says the driver has installed properly but it cannot find the hardware.
All three drives show up marked with an (!) in Device Manager. There is also a Drive
"D," that seems to be a phantom drive not connected to anything (I read about this
in a description of Zedo). When I try to reinstall the USB drive I get an error "problem
occured with installation hardware…" Anything I can do short of reinstalling XP?
Annoyances.Org suggested that the virus may not have been fully removed, although that was the last thing TM tried.
thanks
thanks
GJ
You posted the following message to the Windows XP Annoyances Discussion Forum:
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1230856407
I had a trojan horse virus on Windows XP, SP2, called Zedo and possibly another called
Internet Speed Monitor that got past my Trend Micro subscription virus software.
Trend Micro HelpDesk helped me get rid of these, but two side effects remained. First
it blocked Task Manager, and the TM Desk gave me a registry fix. It also blocked
access to all 3 of my CD/DVD drives including one USB external. TM could not help
me with these. I tried transferring a driver over my network and re-installing -
No go. It says the driver has installed properly but it cannot find the hardware.
All three drives show up marked with an (!) in Device Manager. There is also a Drive
"D," that seems to be a phantom drive not connected to anything (I read about this
in a description of Zedo). When I try to reinstall the USB drive I get an error "problem
occured with installation hardware…" Anything I can do short of reinstalling XP?
Annoyances.Org suggested that the virus may not have been fully removed, although that was the last thing TM tried.
thanks
thanks
GJ