Flet8
Topic Starter
Hi,
I have a problem with my DBtech USB Floppy Disk Drive (FDD). I've connected it to my
Fujitsu Lifebook P5020 Notebook computer (which doesn't have an internal FDD). I'm using
Windows XP Home Edition (SP2). When I pop a floppy in the USB FDD, it says to format the
floppy even though there's data in it. I then put a blank floppy in and it says the same thing,
I check the Properties of the floppy & it's full. I then try to format the blank floppy and it just
hangs there. I stop the format and it says it can't be formatted. The tab in the floppy is in the
'write' position, so it can't be that. I've checked the USB FDD driver (it shows 'NEC USB Floppy')
in the 'Device Manager' & the status shows the device is working properly. Please help, I don't
what else to do apart from these 2 options:
[1] throw the dayam DBtech USB FDD away (made in China).
[2] Not use another USB FDD ever for my Notebook PC, if nobody can solve this problem.
Thanking you in advance if you can help me…… 