The issue I am going to describe is happening with my Compaq Laptop with Windows 7 Home Basic in it. It is not frequent but it happens at least twice in a week and I don't know the reason for this.
Suddenly, the blue screen comes while I am browsing the internet on the laptop and it is restarted automatically and a pop up shows which has title "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" with some details in it.
I have taken the screenshot of the pop up. Please take a look at the screenshots and let me know if it is an serious issue and need to be worried about?
Often this problem is caused by an Incompatible piece of Hardware (a USB device will often do it) or a new Driver recently installed.
Think back to when the problem first started. Was a driver updated or a new one installed or any new hardware added?
Dust build-up in CPU heatsink fins will cause overheating problems and unexpected shutdowns too.
Take a look in your Event Viewer for a few clues.
To open Event Viewer, type into your Run Box ( eventvwr ) ignoring the brackets.
Cheers,
Lee
hi lee, i dont remember when this issue started happening but there was one thing in common when this issue happens everytime. i use net through usb modem and usb modem was attached to my laptop when this happens. i also looked at the event viewer but i dont where to look at discrepency. do you want screenshots of the page?
there are 3sections: summary of administrative events, recently viewed nodes and log summary. which section should i look at?
Hey mate,
Is the USB Modem the only way for you to connect to the internet?
If not, you could try the other setup and see if you get the problem.
Another thing to do is to update all of your drivers…
Cheers,
Redeye
Yes friend, that is the only way for now to connect to internet for me. Are you referring to system drivers when you advise me to update the drivers?
Can you please give me the reference point from where I can get the updates to the drivers?
hi lee, i dont remember when this issue started happening but there was one thing in common when this issue happens everytime. i use net through usb modem and usb modem was attached to my laptop when this happens. i also looked at the event viewer but i dont where to look at discrepency. do you want screenshots of the page?
there are 3sections: summary of administrative events, recently viewed nodes and log summary. which section should i look at?
Lets ignore the event viewer contents for the moment.
Firstly:
Do you have a USB 'Wireless Adapter' or a USB 'Modem'?
A USB Wireless Adapter is not a Modem. A USB Modem connects to a Phone line.
If it's a USB Modem:
Try removing and then re-installing the Modem Driver.
1. Control Panel
2. Add and remove programs
3. click on 'unistall' anything to do with the USB modem.
Also:
1. Control Panel
2. Modems
3. right click and go to properties
4. Remove.
5. Now re-boot and re-install the Modem software.
6. Re-boot again and see how you go now.
From that screen-shot I'm not sure what you are using.
Do you have to connect the device to a phone line for an Internet connection?
I'll have to get back to you for further help as our time zones are completely different and I'm clocking off for the night (here).
Another Tech here on a similar time zone might be able to help you further before then.
Cheers,
Lee
No, I do not connect it to the phone line for Internet. I just use an USB Modem (it is pencil like in shape) to access internet
If you do not need to connect to a phone line, then you do not have a USB Modem, You would be using a USB 'Wireless Adapter' (technically, not a Modem).
As before I'm still a little confused. Your previously supplied image shows a Nokia 5233 Bluetooth device used to connect the phone to a PC or laptop. Well I think that's what it's for or does it supply wireless Internet connection to your phone? (I've never had one with Internet capabilities).
Are you having trouble with your phone connecting to your laptop, Internet problems with your phone, or your Laptop Wireless Adapter that you use for Laptop Internet connection?
thanks lee and sorry for being very late….its been more than 2 weeks now and it did not happened….actually i didn't used it that much in these2 weeks…i will let you know in this thread if it happens again…
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI