I have a HP Pavillion Entertainment dv4-2145dx laptop running Windows 7. . It constantly shuts down and restarts. I turned off the autorestart so I could get the error messages.
I'm attaching the photos of the first blue screen at shutdown.
Then I tried to run Hijackthis and got the next photo I'm attaching.
Then it shut down again, and I'm attaching that blue screen.
Upon reboot, I get a message that I'm attaching last.
Hello and
I'm RedCar92 and my name is Bill, I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
Please observe these rules while we work:
Read the entire procedure
It is important to perform ALL actions in sequence.
If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
Stick with me till you're given the all clear. Malware removal can be stressful but we will clean it.
Remember, absence of symptoms does not mean the infection is all gone.
Don't attempt to clean your computer with any tools other than the ones I ask you to use during the cleanup process.
Please be advised, as I am still in training, all my replies to you will be checked for accuracy by one of our experts to ensure that I am giving you the best possible advise, this will be a team effort.
This may cause a delay, but I will do my best to keep it as short as possible.
Please bear with me, I will post back to you as soon as I can.
IMPORTANT NOTE : Please do not delete anything unless instructed to. DO NOT use any TOOLS such as Combofix or HijackThis fixes without supervision.
Doing so could make your pc inoperative and could require a full reinstall of your OS, losing all your programs and data.
These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them
with Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")
Stay with this topic until I give you the all clean post.
Greetings adasha,
Let's see if we can get your pc booted and stable enough to download and run a couple of diagnostics.
First
Start the computer in “Low resolution mode”, follow these steps:
As the computer is booting continuously tap the F8 Key which should bring up the Windows Advanced Options Menu.
Use the arrow keys to move to Low Resolution mode and press your Enter key.
Once you're done in Safe Mode and you want to get back into Normal Windows simply restart the computer like you normally would and let it boot normally.
Next
Please download aswMBR to your desktop.
Double click the aswMBR.exe icon to run it
If asked, accept the AVAST virus definitions.
Click the Scan button to start the scan
On completion of the scan, click the save log button, save it to your desktop and post it in your next reply.
Next
Please download DDS from LINK 1 or LINK 2
and save it to your desktop.
These tools MUST be run from the executable. (.exe) every time you run them
With Admin Rights (Right click, choose "Run as Administrator")
When done, two DDS.txt's will open.
Save both reports to your desktop.
Please include the contents of the following in your reply using Copy / Paste: DDS.txt & Attach.txt
Attached files are sometimes difficult to diagnose and analyze. In the future would you use the following procedure to post logs please?
1.When a log is displayed in Notepad, click anywhere in the log the hold CTRL then press A to select all data.
2. Hold CTRL and tap C to copy to the clipboard.
3. Click Add Reply on the forum then hold CTRL and tap V to copy the contents of the clipboard to the reply.
Next
Click Start
Copy the bold text below, one line at a time and paste in the Search box then hit Enter after each paste action. cmd /c dir C:\111e690260e35a9d26ca\*.* /s > c:\users\%username%\desktop\myfile1.txt
cmd /c dir C:\7ef3f0de60846abd2dce5d6bd709d5\*.* /s > c:\users\%username%\desktop\myfile2.txt
This will produce 2 files on you desktop myfile1.txt and myfile2.txt.
Double click on each to open.
Hold Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C
Hit add reply in forum and and hold Ctrl+V to copy data into reply.
Please do this for each file.
The blue screens that you posted indicate a video or video driver problem.
The other blue screen indicates a memory problem.
Have you or anyone else that you know of downloaded any video or memory programs such as drivers or memory optimizers?
When you boot in Low Resolution Mode, how does your PC behave?
Each time I get the blue screen, it has a different problem listed at the top. That's just the one that I copied at the time. I've restored way back, far back to avoid any issues being with any installed programs.
I've already had to reinstall to factory settings once on this computer, and it's barely over a year old. I lost all data, although I backed it up. It's in some weird extensions that I can't open.
Back to current problem -
File 1
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 227C-3C1D
File 2
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 227C-3C1D
Is this right????
Also, sometimes the laptop works fine for long periods of time. Then sometimes it does this, shuts down, won't start, restarts, etc. I leave it alone for a long time, then see what happens.
Here is the blue screen I got just after sending you the last message.
Then I started in safe mode, so you'll see the third picture is the blue screen I got in safe mode.
Then when I rebooted it said Windows has recovered and here is the error code:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: FFFFF8000C0D8B80
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF80002117084
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\100611-15288-01.dmp
C:\Users\adasha\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-47346-0.sysdata.xml
Greetings adasha,
Please do the following:
Also note, you do not show having Anti-Virus programs so you can disregard that part.
***Read through this entire procedure and if you have any questions, please ask them before you begin. Then either print out, or copy this page to Notepad and save to your desktop for reference as you will not have any browsers open while you are carrying out portions of these instructions.***
Download Combofix from any of the links below. Save it to your desktop.
Link 1 Link 2
* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
See this Link for programs that need to be disabled and instruction on how to disable them.
Remember to re-enable them when we're done.
Right click on ComboFix.exe then select Run as Administratror & follow the prompts.
Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.
When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.
*If there is no internet connection when Combofix has completely finished then restart your computer to restore back the connections.