brynpttrsn
Topic Starter
Yupper. Laptop Windows 7 just ran IE for the first time in a few weeks because I'm a firefox man myself, and not to my great surprise it crashed my laptop. I'm not positive if it is related or not but it seems that both times I ran IE it crashed. The first time it crashed the screen just kinda went black and it shut off. I tried to turn my computer on multiple times and it kept going into the starting windows screen and then after it got done "Starting Windows" the BSOD popped up and said fatal system error and gave some memory location, said something about dumping sectors or something like that, got to 100% in like half a second then shut down automatically. I got it to start up in the start-up repair about the third try. But after it was done it said it failed and report it to microsoft by clicking the button. So i did and I restarted the computer and it turned on this time. The second time it crashed its mostly the same story accept right before it crashed a popup came up and it had the title "Error" and the message was "[Task/Operation] completed successfully" can't remember which of the two. Barely a second after that it BSODed "Fatal Error". Second time around when i got it to go into start-up repair I didn't let it repair at all, I just rebooted and it worked. Haven't ran IE since and all is well.
I did the self help thing and did the maleware whatever so heres the log.
Windows 6.1.7600
Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385
12/24/2009 4:10:14 AM
mbam-log-2009-12-24 (04-10-14).txt
Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 104451
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 6 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 3
Files Infected: 0
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data Items Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\FunWebProducts\ScreenSaver\Images (Adware.MyWebSearch) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Files Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
They all seemed to delete fine so, no trouble there.
Thanks.
P.S. just crashed again today.