This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows 7 shutting down/ IE 10 shutting down

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, My computer has been shutting down on its own for several weeks now. It happens when I leave it idle for a while, either with the cover closed or open. It started when I let my battery get very low and the computer went into hibernate mode. Since then I have a white desktop which I can't figure out to restore to my regular wallpaper and it will shut down several times a day. A couple of times I have received a bsod and the last time provided this information: Problem signature: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID: 1033 Additional information about the problem: BCCode: 9f BCP1: 0000000000000003 BCP2: FFFFFA8005EAE060 BCP3: FFFFF80004FBC3D8 BCP4: FFFFFA8008A4A600 OS Version: 6_1_7601 Service Pack: 1_0 Product: 768_1 Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\050913-19141-01.dmp C:\Users\Margaret\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-30162153-0.sysdata.xml This is an Asus Laptop about 2 years old. Windows 7 Service Pack 1 I frequently get a Windows popup that says Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown but when I click "check for a solution" there is nothing helpful offered. This only happens on my login. The other logins are fine. If you need further information, please let me know. Any help you can provide will be most appreciated. Also, my browser (IE 10) also repeatedly shuts down and when I reopen I get the browser closed unexpectedly message and have to restore the session. I'm pretty sure these are related but not certain. Thank you, Margaret
BCCode: 9f …….. 9F error is driver power state failure 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE A driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. Typically occurs during events that involve power state transitions, such as shutting down, or moving into or out of standby or hibernate mode. What are you asking your computer to do? Hibernate, or sleep?
Hi Jacee, I'm not clear on the concept of sleep vs. hibernate and I have never intentionally done either of those things. Sometimes this happens when I've walked away leaving the laptop cover open and sometimes it happens when I have closed the cover. Does that help?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI