I hope this is the right place to put this, but, when I try to get rid of Microsoft Works from my computer in Add or Remove Programs and click remove, it gives me this message:
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package "WORKS8.MSI" in the box below.
I never use this program, and it is quite large. Is there a special way that it needs to be removed?
Thanks for any help.
2.Once Windows Installer Clean Up Utility is installed, Click on Start > Click on Programs > Click Windows Installer Clean Up Utility > Browse to Microsoft Works and click Remove> Choose Yes > Close Windows Installer Clean Up Utility application.
3.Click on Start > double-click My Computer.
Locate and delete the following Works folder:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Works
As Lee said, it doesn't look like it's meant to be uninstalled.
You could try Revo Uninstaller (Free) which should do a pretty good job of getting rid of it as it runs the normal uninstaller, which will fail, but then continue on and it will search the registry for related entries and allow you to delete them, then do the same do files on the hard drive.
When you start it, one of the first things is does is create a System Restore point so you have some recovery capability if it doesn't work right. I've used Revo many times with XP and never had a problem.
Ztrucker is correct.
Revo is a great program for un-installing software. However. it can be a little confusing for the uninitiated as it's interface leaves a lot to be desired which is the reason I never recommended it.
Cheers,
Lee
Good point Lee. I've used it so often I never gave the interface a thought.
vampire …. take a look at it if you want to try it and ask any questions here. One of us can surely help you.
Thanks for the help, but I think I will just drop this topic. Since it shouldn't really be uninstalled, I may as well just leave it there. I really appreciate the help though.
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI