Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91634 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Unable to Uninstall Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta 1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 axeman

axeman

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 08:37 AM

Hi there :D ,I am having BIG problems trying to un-install MSAS BETA V 1 1.0.0509. I have had this anti-spyware program for some time now without any problems,no problem to download it and to use it,in fact it is a very user friendly and easy to use program and i was happy with it,until i wanted to un-install it,then it becomes seriously un-friendly!. The only reason to un-install it was that i received an updated software downloadfrom MSAS to 1.0.0.604 and that gave me another 6 months licence,but after downloading the updated program,and then trying to install it i received this error message:- Errror 1601.Could not access network location %USERPROFILE%\Favotities As much as tried i kept getting this message,so i thought i would download the latest program V.604 through Microsoft directly,same error message,tried through major geeks,same message,even using validation code download from m/soft,and using IE6,same message. So i tried to un-install MSAS through add/remove programs,same message appeared:- "Errror 1601.Could not access network location %USERPROFILE%\Favotities" Then another mesage appeared soon afterwards:- "Fatal error during installation" So i now thought ok i will try and un-install MSAS through start/programs/MSAS uninstall,firstly disabling and exiting MSAS,then disabling spybot 1.4 resident tea timer+process guard ect ect ,MSAS still no good,same error message. So now i tried through My Computer/XPHOME(Dthen (right mouse click+explore)/Program Files(right mouse click explore)/microsoft antispyware/Delete,i now received this message:- Error deleting file or folder X Cannot delete gc AntiSpywareLibrary.dll Access is denied So i now opened up the MSAS folder and deleted all contents succesfully except for 1 stubborn file that i could not remove/delete when i tried to i get this message:- Error deleting file or folder Cannot delete shell extension.dll.Access is denied. So i am left with this remaining in the MSAS folder:- shellextension.dll 1.0.0.509 Microsoft AntiSpyware Shell E... When i now look in the add/remove programs i still see Microsoft Antispyware program 15.06 mb still listed even though i have removed most of the files from the MSAS folder and used registry mechanic and carp** cleaner to clean up. I am at a loss as to what to do next?,it seems th at getting rid of MSAS is similar to the the problem i had along with many others o getting rid of NAV,but at least that was achievable with RNAV ect. I also tried going back to a previous restore point to try and do the same as above,no joy,same messages,done various virus/trojan scans nothing picked up. Appreciate any help you can give me to finally rid MSAS off my PC,i am using XP SP2,thankyou. Regards Axeman :rant2: :scratch:

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 axeman

axeman

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:08 PM

As NO-ONE has replied to my post or managed to offer help to resolve this problem or been able to offer any advice on un-installing MSAS program successfully -i am pleased to announce that i have finally cured the problem through my own research and determination.Finally i have removed MSAS from my PC foerver!,praise be to GOD!!!!. axeman :rofl: :wavey:

#3 rand1038

rand1038

Take over your PC or someone else will.

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:03 PM

Sorry I didn't come across your post sooner. In the future you may be served well by an installation monitor program such as Total Uninstall. It monitors all the files and registry keys added/changed on your system when a program is installed. This information helps clean things up when something goes wrong. I have used version 2 for awhile. I see now that he has a pay for it version 3. You can still download and use version 2 for free.
Total Uninstall
Allot of people also like a program called InCtrl. I have used it but I prefer Total Uninstall.

Edited by rand1038, 11 July 2005 - 03:04 PM.

Everyone gets specific instructions, disregard what you don't need.
I don't know your skill level.

"I would rather be bruised by the truth than caressed by lies."

The help you receive here is free.
If you can
please help keep us online by donating.

Posted Image

#4 axeman

axeman

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:45 AM

Thanks Rand for the reply back! :D ,i know all you guys are herrendously busy so in a way i am glad that i mangaed to work out the problem of un-installing MSAS for myself!. By the way for future anyone having problems un-installing MSAS as i did REGLITE(free) did a marvellous job and removed 30 registry entries of MSAS,maybe REGLITE could be a STICKY NOTES post for others who need help I will take also your advice on the program you recommended Total Uninstall,thank again. Regards Axeman :wavey: