Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Unable to remove programs

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Silas

Silas

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:15 AM

hey all im posting here because i am just sick to death of not been able to remove programs recently msn decided to not work anymore and when i clicked on it it said summin about not having ddcyv.exe so i decided to remove msn and just do a reinstall but just to annoy me more there is no possible way to remove msn from the add remove programs list i try to remove it and it says it is missing summin like msnmsgs.msi any help would be greatly appreciated Silas

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 04:38 AM

As you have tried through Add and Remove to uninstall MSN and are having trouble you could download Unlocker here

If that does not help you, go to the following link and download and install Windows installer cleanup Utility here

kind regards,

#3 Silas

Silas

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:12 AM

cheers mate

#4 Silas

Silas

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

i dloaded windows installer cleanup utility and it said symantec sript blocking has blocked it

#5 tallin

tallin

SuperMember

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,343 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:56 PM

Hi Silas,

I suggest you go to the following link and follow it strictly as it is written. This way you will receive expert help from accredited volunteers working on WTT.

Please be patient after you post your log to the correct forum as the HJT forum is extremely busy.

kind regards,

Edited by tallin, 04 January 2008 - 09:57 PM.

#6 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 05 January 2008 - 12:10 PM

Hi Silas,

Microsoft makes it relatively complicated to uninstall MSN Gaming Zone.

However it is "doable" within the tools available to you in Control Panel.

Open Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs
Select - Add/Remove Windows Components
Highlight the Accessories and Utilities item (in the Windows Components Wizard panel that appears)
Leave that item checkmark/ticked.
Press - Details
Double-Click the Games item
You will next see a list of installed games inclusive of: (Freecell, Hearts, Minesweeper, Solitaire, Spider Solitaire, Internet Games)
Remove the checkmark/tick from in front of Internet Games

Click OK - OK - Next - then Finish
_______________________-

The above "should have" uninstalled the Internet-interactive game components of MSN Gaming Zone.
But it will have left the remaining MSN Gaming Zone "Folder" in C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone.

Reboot your machine into SAFE Mode
Navigate to C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone

You will now be able to Delete the Folder: C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone
Press your Delete key to delete only MSN Gaming Zone as highlighted above.

Reboot Normally
MSN Gaming Zone should now be gone from your machine.

If you have more than one User-Account you may need to repeat the above procedure with each User-Account

There are some instances in which the above may not complete successfully, thus leaving MSN Gaming Zone (Folder) as an item in your C:\Program Files\MSN Gaming Zone

These instances relate to situations where you the owner/user may already have attempted to remove components from MSN Gaming Zone by using other strategies.
In these instances some components (most often .dll files) may have already been removed and now the Uninstall of MSN Gaming Zone may be frustrated by the need to re-install those missing files.

You can reinstall any of those missing files from your Windows Installation CD.

Keep us posted with your progress.

best regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.