This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Suggestion about notification mails!

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I just want to bring up one useful suggestion regarding notification mails. It would be useful if topic title be included in the subject of the notification mail for any topic. This way it is useful for us to filter the mail. Thanks, Vijay Gupta
I agree.

For instance, E-mail title for updates from sevenforums.com llok like this: "Dual boot and MBR problem" update
From WTT, they look like this: Topic Subscription Reply Notification ( What the Tech )

Asked about this a while back but don't remember getting an answer. I'm sure Blair has a good reason but I can't remember what it is.
It's a feature of IPB3, also a feature of vBulletin. One of which we will be moving to very soon. I could probably add the subject now, but it's frankly probably not worth the time with an upgrade due soon.

It's a feature of IPB3, also a feature of vBulletin. One of which we will be moving to very soon. I could probably add the subject now, but it's frankly probably not worth the time with an upgrade due soon.

Any chance in keeping WTT (alternate) skin?
It becomes very irritating sometimes that I got multiple mails with the same subject for multiple topics. That ways it becomes difficult to keep track of topics and I want title be included in the subject of the notification mail for any topic. This way it is useful for us to filter the mail. This cannot happen without implementing IPB3 or VBulletein one of which we will be moving to very soon (As per Blair). If it is not going to happen anytime soon, then I suggest you to add the subject to the notification mails.