This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
What the Tech Community

Not getting email notification

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Hello Lookinglass. And welcome to WTT Forums. I can understand that your present problem can be quite frustrating. I will look into the situation and post back to you shortly. Doug

Seems I should be receiving notification when others reply in my topic.
But I am not?

Any help?

thank you

This is your only post in a Topic that I see.
I have had no email notification since early yesterday my time 15th Oct. (EasternStandardTime) ie: Australin Pacific time.

I checked my setting, they are as they should be.

I have resorted to putting a shortcut on my desktop
  • My Controls,
  • Veiw topics
to keep abreast of my OP's replies.

I did not want to bother you LDTate, as I thought others would post in if they were having the same problem.

I have only done forum work and Windows updates (9 in all) but this started before I updated my patches.

Other forum notifications and emails are fine, just none from WTT.

kind regards,

Seems I should be receiving notification when others reply in my topic.
But I am not?

Any help?

thank you

This is your only post in a Topic that I see.

LDTate,

I think ProblemGuy is referring to this link Post #6

Why it does not show he has posted 2 (twice) is a bit of a mystery.
You can add me to the list of not getting email notifications. I just checked and there should have 2 today. None showed up. It seemed to be working prior to today. It's a hotmail account.
I am fine, back with my private email account for notifications, all coming through as expected.

I did change to an account with www.care2.com for a few days, (when we last had a problem) that worked well, but changed back yesterday and all still works fine. :thumbup:
Seems okay now, I got the one for LDTate's post in this thread and the others for earlier today. It was just yesterday's that are missing.
Email services are understandably protective of their spam detection algorithms. However, using data provided by their Smart Network Data Services and some conjecture based on experience it seems only a few people marking email as spam can cause the email for all hotmail users to be delivered to the spam box (or even blackholed). It seems this threshold is reset everyday, and gets higher over time.

So let use this as an example. Someone accidentally subscribes to the malware removal forum and doesn't know how to unsubscribe. They get sick of them and start marking them all as spam. Maybe a couple of other people hit the spam button by accident. Next thing we know all WTT email is being delivered to the spambox. The next day it resets, and email is delivered normally again. When first changing IP addresses, it seems this happens much more frequently, so a trust must be built over time, where it takes a larger target to trigger the spam designation.

While it's inconvenient, it's need is driven by ever resourceful spammers, and it will improve over time. Hope this helps.