Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

office 2003 version in MS office 2007

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:22 AM

well guys! thats sort of complicated question. yesterday my younger brother came to me to install MS office 2003 on one of our PCs. because we had only 2007 installed on all. he was some assignment to make on MS-Access and he has learnt that on Office 2003. Now i had to install 2003 on my PC. i need to know if there is a way to get the look of 2003 even if office 2007 is installed ? kind of stupid question may be but i needed that so i am asking. i wish there was a way so he could find no problem working

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:09 AM

Users have definitely been "mixed" about their preferences for Office 2007 verses what they had come to know as "Classic" Office 2003.
The hub-ub started a few years ago with people objecting to "ribbon", more complicated command bar, and the actual removal of some functionality features.

Some folks love office 2007 and many are looking forward to office 2010 and beyond.
Others have held onto their preferred Office 2003.
Fortunately for them, Office 2003 will still run on Vista and Windows 7.

But that's not your problem situation.

You have Office 2007 and one of your family only feels comfortable with Office 2003.
OK.
There is a solution, but it will cost you a few bucks... about $30 US.

"Addintools" will give you a Classic menu and the feel of Office 2003 on your version of Office 2007.
http://blogs.pcworld...ves/005682.html
Here's the commercial download/purchase site: http://www.addintool...ice/default.htm

*** As always, WTT cannot be responsible for your preferences, and if you try Addintools, it may not solve yours or your families preference difficulties.
But the price is fairly low. Your choice, and of course, your mileage may vary.

If, however, you also want to learn how to better use the features of Office 2007, here's a Cheat Sheet:
http://www.computerw...007_Cheat_Sheet
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:30 AM

oh really? thankyou so much. i never knew if any such thing existed :) i am going to tell my brother and he would be really happy. Thanks

#4 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:33 AM

and hey did you read that blog? I will have to spend only $ 16 if i need version for only one office software i.e MS-Access. That's quite fair :)