This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Custom install of office 2003 professional

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently bought a new desktop with Windows 7 and installed Office Basic 2007, which has Outlook on it. I then remembered i have an install disk that contains Powerpoint 2003, Publisher 2003 and Outlook 2003. However, the installation does not ask if I want to do a custom installation and installs all 3 programs. The Outlook 2003 messes up the outlook 2007. Is there a way to either force a custom installation of just the Publisher and Powerpoint? Or is there a way to uninstall just Outlook 2003? Thank you.
not having any of those programs not sure if this will work, but i think i would uninstall Office Basic 2007, so it uninstalls outlook 2007, install the Powerpoint 2003, Publisher 2003 and Outlook 2003, then install Office Basic 2007 and it should notice outlook 2003 is installed and uninstall it and replace/update it with the newer 2007 version. :popcorn:
Hello Rhendrickx:

In addition to what is mentioned above by terry1966 and paws install Microsoft Office 2003 according to the software manufacturer’s instructions, as follows (This example illustrates how to just install Word):
  • When prompted for the CD Key, enter the 25-character code included with your software
  • Select the Custom installation option and click Next
  • Clear the check boxes for PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, and InfoPath
  • Select Choose advanced customization of applications and click Next
  • Next to Microsoft Word for Windows, click the drop-down arrow and choose Run all from My Computer
  • Next to Office Shared Features, click the drop-down arrow and choose Run all from My Computer
  • Next to Office Tools, click the drop-down arrow and choose Run all from My Computer
  • Click Next, and then click Install to start the installation
If you need a pictorial view, let me know please
The Office Basic 2007 allows me to install on 2 computers. I have it on my laptop, and now installed on the new desktop. If I unistall it, then try to reinstall after I install 2003, will it tell me I've used up my 2 installs? I ask because I didn't realize I was only allowed 2 installs, tried to install it on a 3rd computer but it only gave me a limited "trial" version that was only good for I think 30 days.
Hi yes its likely that you will need to activate it with Microsoft, usually this is done online automatically but in the circumstances you mention you may need to use the telephone, speak to Microsoft, and explain what it is that you have done. Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI