Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Custom install of office 2003 professional

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rhendrickx

Rhendrickx

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

I recently bought a new desktop with Windows 7 and installed Office Basic 2007, which has Outlook on it. I then remembered i have an install disk that contains Powerpoint 2003, Publisher 2003 and Outlook 2003. However, the installation does not ask if I want to do a custom installation and installs all 3 programs. The Outlook 2003 messes up the outlook 2007. Is there a way to either force a custom installation of just the Publisher and Powerpoint? Or is there a way to uninstall just Outlook 2003? Thank you.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:04 PM

not having any of those programs not sure if this will work, but i think i would uninstall Office Basic 2007, so it uninstalls outlook 2007, install the Powerpoint 2003, Publisher 2003 and Outlook 2003, then install Office Basic 2007 and it should notice outlook 2003 is installed and uninstall it and replace/update it with the newer 2007 version. :popcorn:

#3 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:24 AM

Terry's advice (as always) should do the trick for you.... I have found that this approach works quite well but Microsoft do say that it can cause problems in some circumstances:
Take a look here for further information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928091
Hope it goes well for you.
Regards
paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#4 rediaH

rediaH

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:49 AM

Hello Rhendrickx:

In addition to what is mentioned above by terry1966 and paws install Microsoft Office 2003 according to the software manufacturer’s instructions, as follows (This example illustrates how to just install Word):
  • When prompted for the CD Key, enter the 25-character code included with your software
  • Select the Custom installation option and click Next
  • Clear the check boxes for PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, and InfoPath
  • Select Choose advanced customization of applications and click Next
  • Next to Microsoft Word for Windows, click the drop-down arrow and choose Run all from My Computer
  • Next to Office Shared Features, click the drop-down arrow and choose Run all from My Computer
  • Next to Office Tools, click the drop-down arrow and choose Run all from My Computer
  • Click Next, and then click Install to start the installation
If you need a pictorial view, let me know please

"Learning is the only thing the mind never exhausts, never fears, and never regrets"

#5 Rhendrickx

Rhendrickx

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:22 AM

The Office Basic 2007 allows me to install on 2 computers. I have it on my laptop, and now installed on the new desktop. If I unistall it, then try to reinstall after I install 2003, will it tell me I've used up my 2 installs? I ask because I didn't realize I was only allowed 2 installs, tried to install it on a 3rd computer but it only gave me a limited "trial" version that was only good for I think 30 days.

#6 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hi yes its likely that you will need to activate it with Microsoft, usually this is done online automatically but in the circumstances you mention you may need to use the telephone, speak to Microsoft, and explain what it is that you have done. Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate