This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

2 versions

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had installed Word 2003 as the only part of Office that I need. I now have the 2007 version and wish to install this updated Word . Should I uninstall '03' first or install the '07' version over it? Thank you,
Hi GP, You will generally be fine just to slip in the Office 2007 disc and follow onscreen directions, no need to uninstall '2003 unless you particularly want to. Don't forget to set a System Restore Point though before you start the install and make sure that all Windows are closed and you have no applications/programmes running during the install…….. as that could just anger the gods! Regards paws
Hello 1- I tried to just install ONLY, 'Word', with 'o7' as I did with '03' but could not. I clicked 'custom' and saw the list of components(pluses + minuses) ; I then clicked + hilighted just Word but the entire, "Microsoft home office student- 07 " installed. What did I do wrong? 2-I tried to install it on my laptop but it told me the # of times I can be installed/validated was maximized. Can I call M.S. and ask for permission if I reinstall my operating system? 3-My daughter + I read the license + it said a third party may use the disk once so she lent it to me; how does she stand now that I have installed/activated it? Thank you for your help,
Hi,
1 Microsoft Office seems to like to do it this way…. :)
I usually install the minimum the software will permit then reboot and uninstall what is not wanted!
2 Yep I think the limit is 3 machines for the "Home and student"
You can always phone Microsoft……
3 I've never heard of that one, have a look here:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/products…2103171033.aspx
The Office Home and Student 2007 Retail License Terms allow for installation on three devices. OEM License Terms limit the installation to the device on which the software was pre-installed.
Good luck
Regards
paws
I now have a better understanding of all this. I will inform my daughter also. Things are getting ezier by the day aren't they? Thanx again for al the help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI