Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Office 2003 and 2007 at one PC

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Interests:Knowing about advanced Technologies

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:51 AM

hey all! I already have Office 2003 on my PC and now i want Office 2007 as well but i do not want to uninstall Office 2003. SO please tell me with your experience if this is possible to run files from 2003 and 2007 simultaneously on a PC? Thanks

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:55 AM

I have no experience, but I do not believe it is possible to have both versions installed on one computer.. Now my question is... why would you want to? 2007 is backwards compatible. It will open your 2003 documents.
Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#3 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:38 AM

my brother wants to work on 2003 and i like 2007 and we have been sharing same Pc now a day so That is Why :) but thanks for replying,

#4 arTech

arTech

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 12 October 2010 - 12:01 PM

"You can install and use more than one version of Microsoft Office on a single computer. For example, you can install and use both Microsoft 2007 Office suites and programs and Microsoft Office 2003 on the same computer. However, we do not recommend this" - Microsoft.

Information about using 2007 Office suites and programs on a computer that is running another version of Office

arTech

--- prevent rather than cure / better safe than sorry ---

#5 -Redeye-

-Redeye-

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  • Interests:PCs, Gaming etc

Posted 13 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

arTech beat me to the punch ^_^ You can run both versions, although it isn't recommended. However, I don't think this would be too much of a problem in your case. You could even assign one program to one account (not too sure how this would work though). Hope this helps, Redeye

#6 MobileMania

MobileMania

Silver Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:29 PM

Thanks for the link, it was really informative for me at least :)

#7 arTech

arTech

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Photography

Posted 14 October 2010 - 12:35 PM

glad :thumbup:

--- prevent rather than cure / better safe than sorry ---