Hi there,
I was wondering if anyone caould help me out with a problem I've encountered with my PC.
When I turn it on, it loads up to the Win XP load screen, but then after about a minute or so, the screen goes blank and nothing else happens. When I move the mouse at this point, the screen goes white, and when the mouse is moved once more, the screen flickers different colours.
I've tried hitting f8 on start - last known good config does not help. I can start in safe mode fine.
If any one has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks for your time.
Rich
Hi,
Thanks for the info and help.
I ran the diagnostic, letting it do a number of passes and it did not find any errors. I removed the RAM and reseated them and then restarted to see if it had had any effect. Still the same.
I tried removing one RAM at a time and placed it each slot to see if this did anything. Both RAMs resulted in same outcome in both slots.
I don't have a separate video card - just one built in.
Is there anything else I can try?
Many thanks again,
Rich
Im on vacation right now, replyin from my phone. I have never heard of M2. But either way it is not enough info to find out what video card you have. I think you need to try loading some new video drivers for your video card. Sorry i cant be of more help at the moment. But im pretty limited as to what i can do on a phone in the middle of nowhere using att's edge network.
Hi there,
I've had no joy in finding out what type of video card i have. I know it's built into the motherboard but aside from that I'm a bit stuck. I would ring the company i got it from but they've closed down now. I was considering getting a new graphics card, but again, as my PC is quite old now, I don't know what type of AGP i have - I know it doesn't have PCI-E.
Any suggestions?
Rich
Start the system up in safe mode. Navigate to control panel -> system -> hardware -> device manager. Expand the display adapters node and make a note of what is listed there. Next, delete everything listed in the display adapter section. Reboot the computer in normal mode and see if the problem will resolve.
Tell me what was listed in device manager.
Hi,
Sorry it's taken so long to reply.
I deleted the display adapter as requested and restarted and the PC is working fine again. I've had no trouble what so ever.
The display adapter listed was SIS 650 series… i can't remember the exact details, but i shall get hold of them as soon as i can. Many thanks for your help.
Rich
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI