This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Monitor flickers when I turn on Desktop

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey I'm having trouble starting up my desktop computer. I haven't used it in years. I tried turning it on but the computer monitor flickers when I start up. It does have options on the press esc to load boot menu or press f10 to setup. If I press those buttons when i turn on the desktop, it says "Loading boot menu…" and just freezes there.

 

Computer: HP Compaq dx2400 microtower

Windows XP

 

🖼Click to load external image (fx3dXK8.jpg)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI