Macrium reflect
4 min read
That's probably something you should go to the source for.
http://www.macrium.com/tutorial.asp
>>Thank you for the referral; however, there was no mention of my issue.
It does not matter because I have used the rescue disck successfully.
I thought I had read you could recover with these XML files somewhere but can't find it. I thought perhaps it might have been easier or faster.
I will leave it alone.
The page you sent is a good one for me because i have no access to the forum being a free user.
Huh? I had to check that out and sure enough, from the site,i have no access to the forum being a free user.
That's sad. That would certainly encourage me NOT to buy it.Support forum registration is now only open to customers who have purchased Macrium Reflect.
Anyway, I was reading about XML files in Wikipedia. I Googled, " XML for recovery".
The article explained these files can be used to edit but not recover. The three recovery methods were listed, one being booting from the rescue disc. I chose Linux as Bart PE seemed more difficult.
Hope this helps.
Perhaps you could copy and paste to the forum unless you feel it is common knowledge..
I hear you. I would love to join the forum and post issues and answers, hopefully.
Anyway, I was reading about XML files in Wikipedia. I Googled, " XML for recovery".
The article explained these files can be used to edit but not recover. The three recovery methods were listed, one being booting from the rescue disc. I chose Linux as Bart PE seemed more difficult.
Hope this helps.
Perhaps you could copy and paste to the forum unless you feel it is common knowledge..
Making a BartPE disk is as easy as ABC and also Linux based. The disk has certainly saved my bacon a few times and is well worth investing in the 10min, it takes to make the disk. It has entirely different but very useful functions than to the Rescue disk, but you can use BartPE for that too if required.
Here are the very simple and easy to follow instructions to make a BartPE disk:
http://www.macrium.com/blog/2008/09/22/How…iumReflect.aspx
Why you can't use "XMJ for recovery".
If you think about it for a few min. Peter, there are some fairly logical reasons why you can't use it for system recovery. Pretty much for the same reasons you can't use your OS disk to set up you OS from within your OS on the same partition (can't set up C: from within C:).
The main use for the MR VBScript feature is to schedule part or full back-ups. Unless your familiar with using
VBscript or really need to lean how to use this feature, it's unlikely you will ever need it.
How to use VBScript with Macrium reflect:
http://www.macrium.com/blog/2008/06/10/How…iumReflect.aspx
I've had the full version of MR for some time and I didn't even know there was a forum!
It seems there is very little software around these days that doesn't have it's own forum. Even some really obscure software seems to have one. I'm just not into them I'm afraid, as most of my software is easy to use, except for some things in Excel or my Photo imaging software.
MR is Idiot proof (well almost) and won't let you do anything silly unless you try really, really hard. It does everything I need it to do, simply and reliably. No fuss and no forum support needed. It's my ultimate 5min. 'System Restore'. I love it
Huh? I had to check that out and sure enough, from the site,i have no access to the forum being a free user.
That's sad. That would certainly encourage me NOT to buy it.Support forum registration is now only open to customers who have purchased Macrium Reflect.
Because we spoke before of Macrium(free), I wanted you to know that, unlike Acronis, the rescue disk cannot create a backup - only recovery.
I just created a backup with Acronis TI Home 2010 and it allowed for date, time compression, and verification.
Free Macrium only allows for recovery.
Macrium's recovery has saved the day 3 times so I will stick with it for the laptop.
I was curious about backup with Acronis and it too did a good job.
I was reading that sometimes you want to avoid updates with Acronis as they can foul things up so Keep continuity with the disc and backups by using the disk to back up.
There is no security breach as the program does not even have to be in the machine.
Honestly, I use the desktop program for backups as a rule and the disc for recovery. Once in a while I create a new disc, try to locate the backups and then make a new backup. I do not however go to the vendor for updates etc as I have said.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI