This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

system recovery

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I believe you recover with the rescue disc when the imaging program cannot be accessed but use that program if it is accessible. Please corrorborate or correct. Thank you
Hi Peter, If I'm reading you correctly then Yes, if you can't boot into Windows and run the disc imaging application from within Windows, then you can boot your computer using a bootable CD Its usually Linux based, and is made using the disc imaging application, and is sometimes called "Recovery Media" or "Recovery Disc" that will give you USB support, so that you can access (for example) your disc image kept on an an external USB drive. You will be able to re-image or use some of the other tools on the bootable CD to fix your computer. Note it may be necessary to alter a setting in the BIOS to enable your computer to boot from a CD/DVD….. Regards paws
Thank you for the patience as I know I have been through this before but even with my notes I tend to forget issues of importance. What you wrote is what I thought and I appreciate the confirmation. In view of health circumstances, I am tutoring my wife - just in case - but need to be an accurate tutor. :wavey:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI