This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Macrium

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello again

I made a new rescue disk for Macrium  and when I boot to it,  it looks Ike I am in Windows - it does not look like the older Macrium. Is this typical or am I off? It appears I would boot within the program after booting to it from F 12.

TY

Peter

That's normal as it's using WinPE, not Linux.

 

My new Macrium Rescue flash drive boots directly into Macrium though, doesn't yours?

 

I'll try it again just to make sure.

I have it. Just wanted to tie up the thread.

 

BTW, I understand you no longer tap F2 to access setup for UEFI but instead use settings>recovery etc to get to UEFI or set up. I guess this applies to Win 10 and or UEFI and F2 is for the older pcs..

I still use F2 on my Lenovo K450 which is a UEFI/GPT WIn 10 Pro system. Never tried to get there via settings/recovery. I'll check it ou when I get home tonight.

I am glad you are looking into it as I wanted to get this cleared up but have no UEFI machine. I wonder why settings>adv etc gets you to UEFI.

It is likely to either boot, which I'll bet would ask you to insert disc,  or get into setup like F2 would do.

 

I just can't picture recovery without the stick or disc.

On my Lenovo, F1 takes me  to BIOS/UEFI setup, same as Settings, Update & Security, Recovery. From there you have to click on Restart now under Advanced Startup then a couple more choices further on. Both work and end up in the same place.

Thanks for the doing the extra work to find out, Rich. I would have but don't have a UEFI PC.

I guess the latter will always get you to setup while different machines will use different keys.

The idea, I believe, is to boot off of the stick/disc and not within Windows regardless of how you access setup.

I always wondered why settings> recover>adv. etc. was there in videos.

As you indicated, with Macrium, it boots right to the stick so no need for UEFI configuring.

If it doesn't one could always reset the boot order in set up.

TY

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI