Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Trouble with macrium reflect = HELP HELP HELP!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PattiChati

PattiChati

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:05 PM

I wanted to restore the 'bookmark" file from my latest backup. When I opened it up I didn't see bookmarks. Then I went to my computer and this is what I saw. I reinstalled Macrium reflect and it was asking me all these questions and I just stopped and went to computer. I am lost and don't know what to do. Can't find anyone who is familiar with Reflect even though someone on the what the tech forum told me about it. So I guess my files that i have been backing up for a year are no good? Can you not just restore one thing? in looking at the lists it gives you, there isn't even "bookmarks" on there. Someone please help me - I am quite panicky at this moment. If I need to post in a different forum, let me know .reflect_snip.PNG

Edited by PattiChati, 13 August 2013 - 04:14 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:26 PM

here's how to restore a single file from a macrium reflect image :-

now your problem is actually knowing what file you need to copy from it and to where, that will restore your bookmarks to your web browser, no it won't be as easy as finding a file called "bookmarks".

before i can work what out what file you need and where it goes, i need to know what web browser your using that had your bookmarks in.

also curious but how did you lose them in the first place??

:popcorn:

#3 PattiChati

PattiChati

Advanced Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

Yes, I don't know what file bookmarks is hiding. I have looked in programs and it is not there.. I use Firefox. I was having some errors and a tech suggested I refresh my computer. It said i wouldn't lose data, files. etc. I thought it looked rather safe and the tech said it would be easy. I lost all my downloaded apps, spent 2 hours on the phone with HP to get my printer up and running and about another hour with my internet people trying to connect. It was a nightmare and I won't do it again. A lot of my apps are saved in my bookmark files, along with a lot of my medical information.

#4 terry1966

terry1966

SuperMember

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

sorry for not replying sooner patti but i've been busy. :blush:

this info should help you recover your book marks.

There are three different files you might have available, depending on how you made your backup:

A file in the JSON format (file name usually ending with .json). This is a full backup that can be restored (not imported) and will replace whatever you have currently. See: Restore bookmarks from backup or move them to another computer.

A file in HTML format (file name usually ending with .htm or .html). This is an export file that you should be able to import. See: Import Bookmarks from a HTML file.

A places.sqlite database file. This would contain your bookmarks and history as of the time it was copied. You can't easily extract data from the file, but you could drop it into your new settings folder to use it in place of the bookmarks and history you currently have.

https://support.mozi...uestions/960180

Restore bookmarks from backup :- https://support.mozi...up-or-move-them

bit confused i thought you just wanted to get your bookmarks back, not sure about

A lot of my apps are saved in my bookmark files, along with a lot of my medical information.

but i assume that was saved in firefox somehow so it should be in your profile folder somewhere in your backup image.
after you have mounted the image you will probably have to show hidden files before you will be able to find the profile folder and search it.
this link should help you find the location of your profile folder. :- https://support.mozi...uestions/941548

hope those links help you find what you need, if not just say and i'll try and reply quicker with some more info. :D

:popcorn:

Edited by terry1966, 17 August 2013 - 11:23 PM.