This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Vista boot problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am running Vista and I got a bogus AV virus and before I could get started with the repair from your other forum, the computer wouldn't boot. When I try to load into any of the Safe Modes, it stalls at loading crcdisk.sys and then reboots. I can't get it into safe mode. I tried to do a system restore and when I tried every restore point I got a message that the system could not find the file specified. I got a Vista boot disk and went into command prompt and ran chkdsk, no errors identified. I tried to run sfc /sannow and it wouldn't run. What else can I do to get it up and running? Thanks Rick
Hey poporacer, Sorry to hear you're having problems. I think you might have misspelled the sfc command. It should be "sfc /scannow". Have you gone to the Malware Forum yet? I remember reading about a new virus that paralyses systems by deleting or modifying the boot.ini file. Cheers, Nahumi
Thanks, I started at the Malware forum. And when I was trying to get the computer running, I did spell sfc /scannow correctly. Any one else with suggestions?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI