This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

IE8

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi, Please bear with me, I have recently upgraded IE to v8 and now can only open MS Outlook in safe mode. After uploading the correct service pack and fiddling about with Add-ins in the Trust Center I feel the best option is to revert back to IE7 - how would I go about doing this? The system won't allow me to run the download for IE7 because there is a more up-to-date version on the system. If this isn't possible - would anyone know of any other option I can investigate as to solve the original problem? Thank you. PS I don' t use IE myself, but the gf does, and I'm being continually nagged to sort the problem :pullhair:
Thank you … I know you won't believe this, but the add/remove programs was my first port of call - but I didn't see the IE8 entry :smack: . Anyway … IE7 is back and MS Outlook still will only start in Safe Mode … any suggestions as to why? Thanks,
NP, just glad it helped, out of interest what was the bit that got things working right again ? it helps to know so if future query's arise I can try and remember what worked previous so I can offer better more exact help.
Hi, Disabling the Windows Desktop Search, through Admin Tools, Services was the key - I also disabled the add-ins through the Trust Center in Outlook but I had this covered previously with no success, so Windows Search would appear to have been the culprit. How and why is for another day - thank you very much again.
Hi, Thanks for that, it's good to know that it was a simple solution lol, going to have to try and remember that now, glad your issue is resolved now anyway.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI