This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Contact List

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok need a little help. I have a labtop that has died and motherboard is dead. But the hard drive is still good, I looked at the files using a usb kit to copy the pictures, doc's, spreadsheet files and so forth.

Now this is what I am trying to do next, where is the file that holds my info on the contact list in my outlook express, would hate to re-type all the address names all over or better yet if I could open that file and just copy the list to word and then when I set up a new machine I would have the info to type.

Anyone knows how to open that file or can it be open to copy and past the address list? Noe remember this hard is acting like a usb drive atm, I cannot run the app's, just copying the files off this drive to put them on the new machine.

Thanks
Here's the info, stripped from a Win XP machine, substitute as appropriate if you have a different OS on the old harddrive. For Internet Explorer Favorites take a look here: C:\Documents and Settings\*USERNAME*\Favorites For the address book you could try doing a search using the file extention .wab However it may be worth starting by looking here: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{C39C61B4-111E-4338-9752-46B077153E77} (or other long string!)\Microsoft\Outlook Express Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI