Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Contact List

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord and Riding motorcycles and computers.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:21 AM

Ok need a little help. I have a labtop that has died and motherboard is dead. But the hard drive is still good, I looked at the files using a usb kit to copy the pictures, doc's, spreadsheet files and so forth.

Now this is what I am trying to do next, where is the file that holds my info on the contact list in my outlook express, would hate to re-type all the address names all over or better yet if I could open that file and just copy the list to word and then when I set up a new machine I would have the info to type.

Anyone knows how to open that file or can it be open to copy and past the address list? Noe remember this hard is acting like a usb drive atm, I cannot run the app's, just copying the files off this drive to put them on the new machine.

Thanks

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 09:14 AM

Here's the info, stripped from a Win XP machine, substitute as appropriate if you have a different OS on the old harddrive. For Internet Explorer Favorites take a look here: C:\Documents and Settings\*USERNAME*\Favorites For the address book you could try doing a search using the file extention .wab However it may be worth starting by looking here: C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{C39C61B4-111E-4338-9752-46B077153E77} (or other long string!)\Microsoft\Outlook Express Regards paws
The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate

#3 Jimbo1

Jimbo1

Preacher / Computer Tech

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,474 posts
  • Interests:Serving the Lord and Riding motorcycles and computers.

Posted 26 April 2010 - 12:33 PM

Cool thanks, did a look around and found this also. Got the address book info, saved a lot of retyping.

http://www.tips4pc.c...d_computer_.htm

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

May your day be blessed by those you love and those you love be blessed by HIM ;-)

#4 paws

paws

Tech Team

• Administrator
  • 6,088 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:45 AM

:thumbup:

Edited by paws, 27 April 2010 - 01:46 AM.

The help you receive here is free. If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online. http://www.whatthetech.com/donate