Software
Microsoft Outlook Contacts
1 min read
jfinner1
Topic Starter
So after some help, I got my computer to allow me to view and copy most of my files. There's only one thing left that I'm hoping to save before I do a total system wipe. My Outlook contacts. I can't open Outlook itself, but I'm wondering if there's a file that the contacts save to that I could copy, and them import after the wipe. I think I'm running Office 2003. Thanks in advance.
tallin
Hi Jfinner1,
Can you tell us why you cannot open Outlook?
Here is a link to maybe asssit you. Browse in the left pane for further help in saving your contacts folder.
Another suggestion would be How to backup your files in Outlook using Office 2003
keep us posted how you go.
kind regards,
Can you tell us why you cannot open Outlook?
Here is a link to maybe asssit you. Browse in the left pane for further help in saving your contacts folder.
Another suggestion would be How to backup your files in Outlook using Office 2003
keep us posted how you go.
kind regards,
Tallon41
So after some help, I got my computer to allow me to view and copy most of my files. There's only one thing left that I'm hoping to save before I do a total system wipe. My Outlook contacts. I can't open Outlook itself, but I'm wondering if there's a file that the contacts save to that I could copy, and them import after the wipe. I think I'm running Office 2003. Thanks in advance.
Yes…but as tallin points-out, you really need to figure-out why it's not opening, as copying it to another location will not guarantee you being able to open that one either.
The file is a [.]pst file located at:
C:\Documents and Settings\YourProfileName\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
the default file name is usually "outlook.pst" also….but doesn't have to be.
[note you will need to "show hidden files and folders" to be able to see the "local settings" folder.
Tallon41
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI