This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't start Server service + no sound!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I had an issue with drivers, got bluescreens, but now managed to fix everything.
Except
I can't start Server service, even though all dependencies are already running.
and I get get the sound to work, even though the driver is installed and functioning.
I keep getting "Failed to play test tone".

Windows 7 x64bit
Laptop: HP Dv6-2190us.

I've already installed and reinstalled all the latest drivers….
everything is working fine except for the issues I mentioned above.
Can't start Server
No Sound.

If all else fails, I'm going to back up my files and reinstall Windows - which is not something I want to do right now
so, please help and thanks in advance

Possibly not an infection: http://forums.whatthetech.com/Can_t_start_…nd_t111201.html
What is the exact error message do you get when you try to start the Server service? Are there any entries in Event Viewer that migth give more info on this?
Ok, I've exported my events log to this file: http://www.mediafire.com/?nx2tyjwwnxv
and the errors I've been getting are dependencies errors…
and this is the Security tab in event viewer:(it shows that some files are corrupt): http://www.mediafire.com/?m3mcyjnmnry

Nevermind the previous downloads (I'll leave them, just in case you wana check em out):
Here is the freshest (yes I cleared the event viewer log, and restarted the computer): (custom filter with all events): http://www.mediafire.com/?mzz5mm1unxq
The event log shows the trigger event was ID 7000 for:

The SMB MiniRedirector Wrapper and Engine service failed to start due to the following error:
Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source.


MS says: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library…365(WS.10).aspx

I believe this has something to do with one of your device drivers though I'm not sure which one. I would reinstall the Chipset, Graphics and Network drivers first, in that order, from here: http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar…239&lang=en

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI