This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

server service not starting

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi geo193, welcome to WTT. Read through this series of posts, especially post #11 by Elvandil. See if that reg fix makes any difference.
Thanks for the reply. I've all but given up on this pc. I've done everything suggested on that link with no success (the link in #11 no longer works though). The crazy thing is, I bet its just one simple thing that needs done to activate the server service. Any other ideas before I relegate this pc to stand alone duties or end up reinstalling XP from scratch?
Sorry about the link not working. I didn't check it. I looked at my lanmanserver\parameters entries in the registry, they look like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters]
"autodisconnect"=dword:0000000f
"enableforcedlogoff"=dword:00000001
"enablesecuritysignature"=dword:00000000
"requiresecuritysignature"=dword:00000000
"NullSessionPipes"=hex(7):43,00,4f,00,4d,00,4e,00,41,00,50,00,00,00,43,00,4f,\
00,4d,00,4e,00,4f,00,44,00,45,00,00,00,53,00,51,00,4c,00,5c,00,51,00,55,00,\
45,00,52,00,59,00,00,00,53,00,50,00,4f,00,4f,00,4c,00,53,00,53,00,00,00,4c,\
00,4c,00,53,00,52,00,50,00,43,00,00,00,62,00,72,00,6f,00,77,00,73,00,65,00,\
72,00,00,00,00,00
"NullSessionShares"=hex(7):43,00,4f,00,4d,00,43,00,46,00,47,00,00,00,44,00,46,\
00,53,00,24,00,00,00,00,00
"ServiceDll"=hex(2):25,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,52,00,6f,00,6f,\
00,74,00,25,00,5c,00,53,00,79,00,73,00,74,00,65,00,6d,00,33,00,32,00,5c,00,\
73,00,72,00,76,00,73,00,76,00,63,00,2e,00,64,00,6c,00,6c,00,00,00
"Lmannounce"=dword:00000000
"Size"=dword:00000001
"Guid"=hex:95,d2,e3,4a,91,7d,0e,47,b7,ab,08,3c,f7,f2,33,a4
"AdjustedNullSessionPipes"=dword:00000001


Compare it with what you have, see if there are any differences. You could try creating a .reg file from the red text above, save on you rhard drive then double click on it or right click and select Merge. See if that makes any difference.

The part I would be concerned about is the Guid value.


If all else fails, try a Repair Install

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI