This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

I turn my computer on, windows desplay has reverted to default, and th

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

When I go into device manager for my computer, it comes up with nothing. I'd be happy to post specs if needed. thanks Basically, the windows interface that i had reverted to windows classic, and there is no sound coming out of the speakers, which are hooked up correctly. When i go to Start>Help and support, i get an error that reads:Windows cannot open Help and Support because a system service is not running. To fix this problem, start the service named 'help and support'.
Hello Hall00man,

Firstly I would backup all your data to an external HD if not already done.

Then I suggest you go to this link

Here is how to correct your Help and Support problem.

Finally you could also run SFC Scannow to make sure your OS files are in the correct order and none are missing.

Keep us posted.

kind regards,

Firstly I would backup all your data to an external HD if not already done.


agreed.


Though more often I see this when the User Profile was unable to be loaded and the system loads the Default User profile instead.

Tallon41
Actually you can close this topic, i just figured it out. I had gone into msconfig to shut off the startup programs, but what i did was do the basic startup which only did the essentials for turning on the computer. I put it back on selective startup to start the system services which included all the drivers for my sound, and video cards which fixed the problem. Everything works now and is up to speed ;)

Halo00man wrote:
Actually you can close this topic, i just figured it out. I had gone into msconfig to shut off the startup programs, but what i did was do the basic startup which only did the essentials for turning on the computer. Everything works now and is up to speed ;)

Thank you for posting back and especially letting us know your fix. That is the whole reason for the forum so others may learn from your experiences.

kind regards, :thumbup:
Yeah, in other game/tech support forums I hate replies to problems that just list, "Oh, I fixed the problem nvm…" Also I'll edit my post to put it in more depth.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI