This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Laptop Touchpad

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Ok here's the thing. I recently put on Windows 7 on my laptop, and i wanted to edit the settings for the touch-pad. Reason? I hate it clicking when I accidentally touch the touch-pad when I type. So far I tried doing what I did before, but the option no longer seems available. Is there a driver I need seen as I reformatted the whole laptop? I'm thinking this is the case… (if so, could you help me with the driver? I'll look for it now, but would help if someone has it already! =3)

If not, how do I get rid of this feature to use the touch-pad to click? Or how do I completely disable it.

I'm on Windows 7, dell inspiron 1525 if these matter.
Hi, and welcome to the Wtt Forums,
I dont have a Win 7 machine in at the moment ( they are really too new for folks to have broken them) and brought them into me for repair, so here's a link that refers to earlier operating systems, that may help:
http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview/id/37342.html
The post by Deadlychiapet-ga towards the end of the thread seems to be a winner.
To sum up, try:
1 Disabling the touchpad in the BIOS
2 Disabling it through the Control Panel
3 Disabling it through the Dell utilities ( the ones you installed with chipset drivers etc following the format and reinstall)
Regards
paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI