This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Touchpad Issues

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Decided to give Windows 7 a try since I was planning on re-formatting anyway and so far I like it, except for one thing that's really irritating. It doesn't seem to recognize most of the touch features on my laptop's touchpad. For one, I see no where that I can turn off the tapping when typing like I could in Vista. So, being that I have pretty big hands, I'll constantly be typing and bump the touchpad and my cursor will be in the middle of my sentance and I'll be typing and don't notice. The other thing I can't find is how to turn on the side-scrolling. Before I could just scroll down the side of the touchpad much like using a mousewheel, but no such luck in Windows 7. Any advice? Fun fact: I had to reset my cursor from accidentally bumping it with my wrist 7 times while writing this post.
Have you checked Windows Update > Custom There might be a Win7 touchpad driver for your laptop. Short of that how about turning off the touchpad and using an external mouse until drivers are available?
What is the make and model of your laptop? Check the manufacturers web site for a Vista driver. If not, try the XP driver as it may work. Most laptops use an Alps Touchpad.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI