Hey All,
I am using Windows 7 Home Basic OS. I uninstalled a software from my laptop and then searches for this software after clicking Start button in Windows 7 just to check if the software has been uninstalled properly. I am still getting entries for that software when I search for that software after clicking on Start button. Right Clicking on that entry and selecting Open File Location is opening the location but that location does not contain that software. Also, left clicking on that software entry is giving the pop up that says "Windows cannot find the software. Make sure you spell it correctly.
Please let me know how to get rid of the entries of the software since it is completely uninstalled. I checked control panel and program files folder
When you click on Start then All Programs, there is still a folder or program link that points to the removed software?
If so, does the folder being pointed to still exist on your hard drive?
If not, just right click on the folder or program links and delete them.
If yes, delete the folder on the hard drive, then delete the entries in Start / All Programs.
When I click on Delete option after right clicking the entry, it says " Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\Users\vi\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again." Please let me know if there is any other suggestion.
ztrucker,
I am not clicking on All Programs. I just click on Start button and then search for the software to ensure that it has been removed. I got the entries for that software there under Files section. When I right click on any of the entry, it gives a pop up that says " Could not find this item. This is no longer located in C:\Users\vi\Desktop. Verify the item's location and try again."
Also, I checked in Start > All Programs. There is no folder for that software. Is there any way to re-index the search? It may be possible that search is using the index that was done prior to removal of the software?
@ inzanity - do you really think that this issue is related to search history? If yes, then I want to clear search history but in windows 7 home basic.
You could try rebuilding the Search Index.
Click on the Start Orb then enter search index
At the top, click on How Windows Searches
Click on the Advanced button
Click on the Rebuild button
It will take awhile, depending on how large the drive is and what is being indexed. See if that fixes the problem.