Software
programme not uninstalling
5 min read
hedley93
Topic Starter
I have been waiting for a programme to uninstall for the last hour and a half.
Nothing I have tried seems to stop the uninstall. There doesn't seem to be a cancel option. If I press the programme name again in the Programme and Features I get a message to 'wait until the current programme is uninstalled or changed'.
Not being used to Windows 7 yet, I don't know what else to try. Is there a resolution for this problem or is it something to do with Windows 7 (or me!?)
I have only uninstalled one other programme in Windows 7 before now and it seemed to take a long time before the uninstall option box came up to uninstall, repair or change. This time even that didn't appear.
Thanks for reading and in advance for any help offered.
hedley
Nahumi
Hello hedley93,
Which program specifically are you trying to uninstall, and is there a particular reason as to why you're uninstalling it?
Furthermore, what's the make/model of your computer?
Cheers,
Nahumi
hedley93
Thanks for the reply.
I am uninstalling Ulead Video Studio SE DVD. (still waiting). I was using a usb device to transfer video to dvd on my pc with windows xp. Seems that usb device is not compatible with Windows 7, so I bought one that was.
This device has Honestech software on it, so I would have to uninstall the Ulead software or there would be a clash when using the software if both were in the pc?
My pc is a self-build with the following:
Asrock 2Core1333-2.66G motherboard; 4GB DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 memory; Nvidia Geforce 7300LE Graphics Card. Are there any other details you need?
Thanks for the help.
hedley
Nahumi
Okay, sounds like the uninstaller is a bit buggy.
Because a window didn't pop up, it's fairly safe to assume that Ulead hasn't uninstalled yet. Chances are the uninstaller has got into some sort of loop which is preventing it from completing it's current task. To end it, right click on the Task Bar (At the bottom of the screen) and click on "Star Task Manager". Move across to the "Processes" tab and look for setup.exe. If it's not there, then look for anything that's got Ulead in the description. Once you've found it, right click the process and click on "End Process Tree".
There are a few options that you could take at this point. You could try running the uninstaller again, but chances are it'll get stuck again. That leaves doing a manual uninstall or using something like RevoUninstaller to do it for you. I'll post both methods below and let you make your own mind up.
Manual Uninstall (From a different Forum) :
1. Delete the "Ulead VideoStudio 8.0" folder in C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\.
2. Delete the "Ulead Systems" folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\.
3. Delete { 4F 1DA6BF-3614 -48A 1-9970-9E 90F 646789E} in C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information.
4. Go to Start: Run, and input the regedit command.
5. Delete the "8.0" folder in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio\8.0.
(Note : Using regedit is only recommended for advanced users. Modifying the registry can be extremely risky)
(Note 2 : If you have a different version of Ulead Video Studio installed, you have to look for the specific version number. These instructions apply for Version 8, but it should be the same for any other version).
Using RevoUninstaller :
1. Go to this website and download RevoUninstaller : http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html
2. Install RevoUninstaller. The free trial lasts up to 30 days. Feel free to uninstall RevoUninstaller after you've completed these steps.
3. Once installed, open up RevoUninstaller.
4. Find Ulead Video Studio on the "All Programs" tab. Click uninstall and then perform a "Moderate" scan for any left overs. Check any registry entries before deleting them.
Let me know how it goes.
Because a window didn't pop up, it's fairly safe to assume that Ulead hasn't uninstalled yet. Chances are the uninstaller has got into some sort of loop which is preventing it from completing it's current task. To end it, right click on the Task Bar (At the bottom of the screen) and click on "Star Task Manager". Move across to the "Processes" tab and look for setup.exe. If it's not there, then look for anything that's got Ulead in the description. Once you've found it, right click the process and click on "End Process Tree".
There are a few options that you could take at this point. You could try running the uninstaller again, but chances are it'll get stuck again. That leaves doing a manual uninstall or using something like RevoUninstaller to do it for you. I'll post both methods below and let you make your own mind up.
Manual Uninstall (From a different Forum) :
1. Delete the "Ulead VideoStudio 8.0" folder in C:\Program Files\Ulead Systems\.
2. Delete the "Ulead Systems" folder in C:\Program Files\Common Files\.
3. Delete { 4F 1DA6BF-3614 -48A 1-9970-9E 90F 646789E} in C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information.
4. Go to Start: Run, and input the regedit command.
5. Delete the "8.0" folder in the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ulead Systems\Ulead VideoStudio\8.0.
(Note : Using regedit is only recommended for advanced users. Modifying the registry can be extremely risky)
(Note 2 : If you have a different version of Ulead Video Studio installed, you have to look for the specific version number. These instructions apply for Version 8, but it should be the same for any other version).
Using RevoUninstaller :
1. Go to this website and download RevoUninstaller : http://www.revouninstaller.com/start_freeware_download.html
2. Install RevoUninstaller. The free trial lasts up to 30 days. Feel free to uninstall RevoUninstaller after you've completed these steps.
3. Once installed, open up RevoUninstaller.
4. Find Ulead Video Studio on the "All Programs" tab. Click uninstall and then perform a "Moderate" scan for any left overs. Check any registry entries before deleting them.
Let me know how it goes.
Doug
Hedley,
If you use Nahumi's excellent manual instructions above, please perform a full Registry Backup, prior to making changes in your Registry.
Here's the Registry Backup Tool that we recommend.
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
If you use Nahumi's excellent manual instructions above, please perform a full Registry Backup, prior to making changes in your Registry.
Here's the Registry Backup Tool that we recommend.
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
Ztruker
Also, make sure there is not a window open underneath the uninstall window asking for some kind of confirmation. I've had this happen many times and it annoys the heck out of me. Try pressing Alt+Esc and see if another window is shown.
hedley93
Thank you for your replies.
Before I start anything I thought I should tell what has happened since your last posts. I closed down my pc last night.
When I started it this morning these two message boxes appeared. When the desktop had loaded, this message:
Load MPEG Vio Driver Error
C:|Programme Data\UleadSystems\Product Name\Ver\app.ini
On closing that box this one came up:
Ulead VideoStudio
An internal error has occurred (Error code = %s). In the left bottom corner this was also written: [15033.0.1]
Would this mean that some of the elements have been uninstalled yesterday and should I continue with your suggestions?
Just to also mention, I checked Task Manager this morning and I do not see any reference to Ulead.
Thanks again for all the help.
hedley
Lee
Hedley,
If you use Nahumi's excellent manual instructions above, please perform a full Registry Backup, prior to making changes in your Registry.
Here's the Registry Backup Tool that we recommend.
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
For me anyway, that was a nasty link Doug. Regardless of any effort with Task Manager, I just couldn't escape it and had to resort to a re-boot.
What the heck?
Cheers,
Lee
Doug
Hedley,
If you use Nahumi's excellent manual instructions above, please perform a full Registry Backup, prior to making changes in your Registry.
Here's the Registry Backup Tool that we recommend.
http://www.larshederer.homepage.t-online.de/erunt/
For me anyway, that was a nasty link Doug. Regardless of any effort with Task Manager, I just couldn't escape it and had to resort to a re-boot.
What the heck?
Cheers,
Lee
I don't know, Lee.
I've used that link for a few years, and just checked it again after reading your post.
No problem here.
hedley93
I decided to use the Revouninstall programme as I don't like changing the registry myself. Very glad to report that the programme is now uninstalled.
Thank you all for your help. Much appreciated, as always.
hedley
Ztruker
I've also used that link for years and never had a problem. Worked fine now as well. NoScript didn't even complain about anything on the page.
Tomk
Try turning your computer over Lee. It's probably confused by you being upside down and all. 
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI