MT11
Topic Starter
Hi -
Inzanity from the Spyware/Malware/Virus Removal section of your forums has suggested I post my issues here…please see the link below for the recent issues I have described as well as the repair steps I have gone through. I am basically having blue screen issues that started after an improper shutdown, as well as wireless problems that are resulting in unpredictable connections (or lack thereof) to my router…I'm fairly positive that the connection issues are not due to the router or internet provider. I have copied/pasted my original message from the other forum below as well for reference.
FYI - this is for a Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop, purchased in Sept 2008 with Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2, Intel Core 2, T8300 @2.4 GHz, 3.0 GB Memory, 32 bit OS.
Let me know what additional information you need from me….thanks!
———————————————————————————————-
Here is the link to recent discussions, repairs, logs:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/BSOD_start_u…es_t111084.html
And here is the original message I posted on Friday 3/19/10:
Yesterday the computer would not start - black screen for awhile, then blue screen with the following errors:
STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x84B424B0, 0x84B425FC, 0x8124F330)
Ran a diagnostic test - not sure if through F8 or F12, but came up with this error (and did not run the entire test after coming up with the error…
2000-0142 and 2000-0146
Was eventually able to get the computer back on by disabling BIOS caching and switching SATA to ACHI.
Today I also ran another test and found that the WLAN card is having issues - which may explain the router connections we've had off and on for awhile - so I put in the driver disk and reinstalled the wireless card - not sure if that did/does anything, but I am able to connect now.
BTW - while typing this post, I got a subsystem error and BSOD shut down with more errors…systems says I can find the problems in a txt file somewhere on here…but for now, I just looked into defender again and found this…not sure if it is related to what just occurred or not.
regkey:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\pxldypoc
file:
C:\Users\MT\AppData\Local\Temp\pxldypoc.sys
The reason I decided to come here was because after looking into defender, I found that the system has potentially harmful files in the System32 folder - they are:
BVRPMPR5.sys and WLTRYSVC.exe.
So here goes…crossing my fingers over here. Please help!
Inzanity from the Spyware/Malware/Virus Removal section of your forums has suggested I post my issues here…please see the link below for the recent issues I have described as well as the repair steps I have gone through. I am basically having blue screen issues that started after an improper shutdown, as well as wireless problems that are resulting in unpredictable connections (or lack thereof) to my router…I'm fairly positive that the connection issues are not due to the router or internet provider. I have copied/pasted my original message from the other forum below as well for reference.
FYI - this is for a Dell Inspiron 1420 laptop, purchased in Sept 2008 with Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2, Intel Core 2, T8300 @2.4 GHz, 3.0 GB Memory, 32 bit OS.
Let me know what additional information you need from me….thanks!
———————————————————————————————-
Here is the link to recent discussions, repairs, logs:
http://forums.whatthetech.com/BSOD_start_u…es_t111084.html
And here is the original message I posted on Friday 3/19/10:
Yesterday the computer would not start - black screen for awhile, then blue screen with the following errors:
STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x84B424B0, 0x84B425FC, 0x8124F330)
Ran a diagnostic test - not sure if through F8 or F12, but came up with this error (and did not run the entire test after coming up with the error…
2000-0142 and 2000-0146
Was eventually able to get the computer back on by disabling BIOS caching and switching SATA to ACHI.
Today I also ran another test and found that the WLAN card is having issues - which may explain the router connections we've had off and on for awhile - so I put in the driver disk and reinstalled the wireless card - not sure if that did/does anything, but I am able to connect now.
BTW - while typing this post, I got a subsystem error and BSOD shut down with more errors…systems says I can find the problems in a txt file somewhere on here…but for now, I just looked into defender again and found this…not sure if it is related to what just occurred or not.
regkey:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\SERVICES\pxldypoc
file:
C:\Users\MT\AppData\Local\Temp\pxldypoc.sys
The reason I decided to come here was because after looking into defender, I found that the system has potentially harmful files in the System32 folder - they are:
BVRPMPR5.sys and WLTRYSVC.exe.
So here goes…crossing my fingers over here. Please help!