Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Additional question "Program n does not respond" shut down p

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 WesseH

WesseH

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 04:50 PM

Briefly off my own topic: Why does a thread I need to read before posting a question here tell me to prepare for system restore? (perhaps it is because I doubt the topic I refer to should be in the malware section.. )
This topic might concern software bugs / hardware driver problems rather than virus/mal-/spyware

In any case; I seem to find myself affected by the same problem as discussed in the thread posted in topic description.
I have so far concluded that the problem arises only after using a lot of RAM for Firefox over a significant amount of time and;

I have found that whenever I've encountered this "Program n does not respond" problem I have in fact X'd Firefox but the proces continues to run in the background using a steady 25% CPU(1 core?) and 400mb to 1gb of memory.

I have reason to believe the "program n" is a nvidia background proces, as additional to this problem I have 'the nvgts.sys BSOD problem' messing with my bootprocess occassionally..
And lastly the problem with firefox closing AND the problem with 'program n' (as I cant guarentee they r connected or connected as assumed) seem to arise mostly after loading multiple videostreams simultaniously (ie, youtube clips)

Perhaps you real techies can establish (or have established (by now)) if the above, better known(due impact probably), BSOD problem and this 'program n' problem are connected...
If so... the solution is probably somewhere at the bottom of the backside of the last page of the to-do list at Nvidia... since november 2008.. as far as I've read... :-(

Any help or suggestions appreciated, I did not post any systemscan logs or such as with the above information I've found about my computer problems so far, and my personal "web savvy" and protection against digital crime, I have no reason to believe they are caused by malware as yet..

EDIT: It seems I've failed to specify, the system concerned is 'Desktop' (userprofile) containing Pent. Q6600, 2x GeForce 9600GT & 4gb DDR2 @ 800mhz on MSI P7N Diamond motherboard S-ATA HDDs & autoupdates for all hardware drivers & monitors.

Edited by WesseH, 21 March 2010 - 04:59 PM.

Advertisements

Register to Remove