Soog
Topic Starter
Hello, I am having issues with my PC. My PC randomly locks up from time to time and I am forced to force restart it.
I have been unsuccessful in system restoring my PC to an earlier date when my PC was working fine. My PC first started acting funny last Thursday or Friday, I was watching the simpsons at wtso.net when suddenly my PC locked up and I was forced to force restart it. This is the first time my PC has ever froze on me, I thought nothing of it and tried to watch the same episode again, this time however instead of freezing, my PC BSOD'd. I don't remember the exact error, but it was something like IRQL_not_less_or_equal. Ever since then my PC has been acting horribly, after startup my PC loads Foreeeeeeveeer, before it was only a matter of 20-30 seconds. Now I must wait for at least 2-4 minutes for everything to finish loading. Firefox now takes an upward of 20-40 seconds to open as well, instead of just instantly opening.
I have been trying to troubleshoot the PC myself for the past 3 days, and I have noticed that whatever is wrong with my computer it seems to like to close applications, it has closed avgn.exe, msnmger.exe, and my wow.exe the most. Sometimes I can get away with an error report message and the PC will still work, other times it will just completely lock up. I have also noticed that when I recieve this error
my internet stops working completely and only resumes after restarting the PC. I am still however able to access the internet on different PC's in the household. I have tried several different things, I regularly scan my PC with Ad-ware and Spybot SD. I have gone to the lengths of downloading TrendMicro's AV and running a scan which produced no results, I later uninstalled it and downloaded AVG which came up with no results either. After that I downloaded Malwarebytes and finally I came up with a result.
I have quarantined and removed this file, however my PC still seems to operate horribly. Most noticeably is the slow startup times, and the random lockups when doing anything (it already has locked up once while trying to write this).
I have read around this forum and it seems like a great place to ask for help, I have tried so many things and am almost ready to throw in the towel and just reformat, any help would be greatly appreciated
one last note, is that the lockups are random, but seem predictable. For instance if watching a movie in windows media player, the sound will begin to loop, the video stops and then maybe 10 seconds later the mouse and keyboard become unresponsive, the same goes for playing World of Warcraft. The crashes during my browsing for a solution on firefox work in the same manner, simply tabbing will cause nothing to load on an already loaded tab, nothing is clickable, then ten seconds later the mouse is unresponsive.
here is my HJT
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:25:54 AM, on 7/9/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
D:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
D:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\Rainlendar2.exe
D:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
D:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe
D:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
D:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
D:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
D:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.supportforyourpc.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - D:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - D:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - D:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE D:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] D:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Rainlendar2] D:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\Rainlendar2.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RocketDock] "D:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "D:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Startup: Rainmeter.lnk = D:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - D:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - D:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - D:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - D:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {20A60F0D-9AFA-4515-A0FD-83BD84642501} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab56986.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D6F45B3-9043-443D-A792-115447494D24} (UnoCtrl Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/EN-US/a-UNO1/GAME_UNO1.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/…can8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1247044051328
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1247044044343
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab56649.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…nt.cab56907.cab
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare Intelligent Application Manager (IAM) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - D:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - D:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare IP service (nSvcIp) - NVIDIA Corporation - D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - D:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - D:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies - D:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
–
End of file - 8087 bytes
and this is my MBam for when it found the error
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.38
Database version: 2392
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
7/8/2009 9:52:06 AM
mbam-log-2009-07-08 (09-52-06).txt
Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 107453
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 18 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: ("regedit.exe" "%1") Good: (regedit.exe "%1") -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Files Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
edit*
i have done a full system scan with AVG and Mbam a few times each, producing no results after the initial mbam find.
edit**
It seems AVG has found a trojan horse named 'Trojan Horse Agent.OTI'
I have been unsuccessful in system restoring my PC to an earlier date when my PC was working fine. My PC first started acting funny last Thursday or Friday, I was watching the simpsons at wtso.net when suddenly my PC locked up and I was forced to force restart it. This is the first time my PC has ever froze on me, I thought nothing of it and tried to watch the same episode again, this time however instead of freezing, my PC BSOD'd. I don't remember the exact error, but it was something like IRQL_not_less_or_equal. Ever since then my PC has been acting horribly, after startup my PC loads Foreeeeeeveeer, before it was only a matter of 20-30 seconds. Now I must wait for at least 2-4 minutes for everything to finish loading. Firefox now takes an upward of 20-40 seconds to open as well, instead of just instantly opening.
I have been trying to troubleshoot the PC myself for the past 3 days, and I have noticed that whatever is wrong with my computer it seems to like to close applications, it has closed avgn.exe, msnmger.exe, and my wow.exe the most. Sometimes I can get away with an error report message and the PC will still work, other times it will just completely lock up. I have also noticed that when I recieve this error
Faulting application avgnsx.exe, version 8.5.0.316, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.5512, fault address 0x000372e3.
my internet stops working completely and only resumes after restarting the PC. I am still however able to access the internet on different PC's in the household. I have tried several different things, I regularly scan my PC with Ad-ware and Spybot SD. I have gone to the lengths of downloading TrendMicro's AV and running a scan which produced no results, I later uninstalled it and downloaded AVG which came up with no results either. After that I downloaded Malwarebytes and finally I came up with a result.
Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: ("regedit.exe" "%1") Good: (regedit.exe "%1") -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
I have quarantined and removed this file, however my PC still seems to operate horribly. Most noticeably is the slow startup times, and the random lockups when doing anything (it already has locked up once while trying to write this).
I have read around this forum and it seems like a great place to ask for help, I have tried so many things and am almost ready to throw in the towel and just reformat, any help would be greatly appreciated
one last note, is that the lockups are random, but seem predictable. For instance if watching a movie in windows media player, the sound will begin to loop, the video stops and then maybe 10 seconds later the mouse and keyboard become unresponsive, the same goes for playing World of Warcraft. The crashes during my browsing for a solution on firefox work in the same manner, simply tabbing will cause nothing to load on an already loaded tab, nothing is clickable, then ten seconds later the mouse is unresponsive.
here is my HJT
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:25:54 AM, on 7/9/2009
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
D:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
D:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
D:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
D:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
D:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
D:\WINDOWS\RTHDCPL.EXE
D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
D:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\Rainlendar2.exe
D:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgnsx.exe
D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgcsrvx.exe
D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\wscntfy.exe
D:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe
D:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
D:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWTray.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\mmc.exe
D:\WINDOWS\system32\notepad.exe
D:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
D:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.supportforyourpc.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R3 - URLSearchHook: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
O2 - BHO: &Yahoo! Toolbar Helper - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - D:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - D:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: AVG Security Toolbar BHO - {A3BC75A2-1F87-4686-AA43-5347D756017C} - D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - D:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn\yt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: AVG Security Toolbar - {CCC7A320-B3CA-4199-B1A6-9F516DD69829} - D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\Toolbar\IEToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RTHDCPL] RTHDCPL.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE D:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG8_TRAY] D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] D:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Rainlendar2] D:\Program Files\Rainlendar2\Rainlendar2.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [RocketDock] "D:\Program Files\RocketDock\RocketDock.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "D:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [SpybotSD TeaTimer] D:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exe
O4 - Startup: Rainmeter.lnk = D:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - D:\Program Files\Java\jre1.6.0_07\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - D:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner - {85d1f590-48f4-11d9-9669-0800200c9a66} - D:\WINDOWS\bdoscandel.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Spybot - Search & Destroy Configuration - {DFB852A3-47F8-48C4-A200-58CAB36FD2A2} - D:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - D:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - D:\WINDOWS\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - D:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {20A60F0D-9AFA-4515-A0FD-83BD84642501} (Checkers Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/msgrchkr.cab56986.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D6F45B3-9043-443D-A792-115447494D24} (UnoCtrl Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/EN-US/a-UNO1/GAME_UNO1.cab
O16 - DPF: {5D86DDB5-BDF9-441B-9E9E-D4730F4EE499} (BDSCANONLINE Control) - http://download.bitdefender.com/resources/…can8/oscan8.cab
O16 - DPF: {6414512B-B978-451D-A0D8-FCFDF33E833C} (WUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1247044051328
O16 - DPF: {6E32070A-766D-4EE6-879C-DC1FA91D2FC3} (MUWebControl Class) - http://update.microsoft.com/microsoftupdat…b?1247044044343
O16 - DPF: {B8BE5E93-A60C-4D26-A2DC-220313175592} (MSN Games - Installer) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/ZIntro.cab56649.cab
O16 - DPF: {C3F79A2B-B9B4-4A66-B012-3EE46475B072} (MessengerStatsClient Class) - http://messenger.zone.msn.com/binary/Messe…nt.cab56907.cab
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - D:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgpp.dll
O20 - Winlogon Notify: avgrsstarter - D:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\avgrsstx.dll
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 E-mail Scanner (avg8emc) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgemc.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Free8 WatchDog (avg8wd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - D:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: ##Id_String1.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B879762## (Bonjour Service) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: FLEXnet Licensing Service - Macrovision Europe Ltd. - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Macrovision Shared\FLEXnet Publisher\FNPLicensingService.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare Intelligent Application Manager (IAM) - Unknown owner - D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcAppFlt.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - D:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\1050\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: Lavasoft Ad-Aware Service - Lavasoft - D:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\AAWService.exe
O23 - Service: NMIndexingService - Nero AG - D:\Program Files\Common Files\Nero\Lib\NMIndexingService.exe
O23 - Service: ForceWare IP service (nSvcIp) - NVIDIA Corporation - D:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NetworkAccessManager\bin\nSvcIp.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - D:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - D:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Packet Capture Protocol v.0 (experimental) (rpcapd) - CACE Technologies - D:\Program Files\WinPcap\rpcapd.exe
–
End of file - 8087 bytes
and this is my MBam for when it found the error
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.38
Database version: 2392
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
7/8/2009 9:52:06 AM
mbam-log-2009-07-08 (09-52-06).txt
Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 107453
Time elapsed: 8 minute(s), 18 second(s)
Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 1
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0
Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Memory Modules Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Keys Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Values Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> Bad: ("regedit.exe" "%1") Good: (regedit.exe "%1") -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
Folders Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
Files Infected:
(No malicious items detected)
edit*
i have done a full system scan with AVG and Mbam a few times each, producing no results after the initial mbam find.
edit**
It seems AVG has found a trojan horse named 'Trojan Horse Agent.OTI'