This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

E-Mail

3 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey, longtime I haven't used your site, but I know that last time I did, boy did it correct the problem. To start, my problem is with *google chrome, *firefox, and *Internet explorer8. After I Sign in to my email like say MSN I get the following Error: I'm not all that good with solving problems but I do know how to follow instructions. Mac70 helped me sometime ago and really solved my problem. I run windows Xp home, browsers I use (*) Have a Dell Dimension 4400 PC, Pentium® 4 CPU 1.60GHz, 1.59 GHz, 768 MB of RAM. Would appreciate if you can help me. Thank you. Server Error in '/' Application. Runtime Error Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine. Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off". Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.
Rats. I don't have (or want) a Hotmail account. Hopefully some other folks can check this out to see if they see similar problems.
Please, let's keep this in the forum, not via PM.

jlsan50: Hi, just replying on your suggestion to a problem I posted yesterday, (jlsan50). Went to those links you posted but don't know how to perform the task they want. Can u show me step by step how to do this, would appreciate it. Thanks.

Bottom url is for hotmail sign-on for MSN I get this error after trying to sign into hotmail, URL is below.

http://mail.live.com/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

Ztruker: That's the point I was trying to make. You can't do anything about it. The problem is on the server, not with your computer.

jlsan50: Yeah but I was able to sign into this email account before, with no problem, this just started happening within the last few weeks. With the Opera Browser, witch i had but stop using, I was able to pull up all my email sign-ins. I'm not trying to question your intelligence, but wouldn't you think there is some setting that got messed up. I apologize for doubting your intelligence, but u know I have no problems with pulling up my email accounts with earthlink.net or yahoo. I haven't tried the web config solution u suggested, because I don't know how to do it. Well, I guess I'm out of luck, depending on your response. Thanks, appreciate it very much

In your first post, you said "To start, my problem is with *google chrome, *firefox, and *Internet explorer8" which indicates all browsers were faiulig the same way. The error you posted is a server side error, there is no way you can generate it or correct it.

Now in your last PM (please, no more) you said it works with Opera. Does that mean MSN E-mail as well? If so then I'm stumped and will ask for some help from other folks here. Don't give up, we'll figure out how to help you.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI