Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Error mshtml.dll

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Spandau

Spandau

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:53 PM

Hello.

I have followed the advise of Tashi from forums.spybot and I have posted below a link to my topic from there.
Please, help me!
Due to the fact that I am beginner in IT, I'm not sure that the link is OK, therefore I also write my problem below.

Thank you in advance,
Spandau

Error mshtml.dll

Sometimes, when I browse the Internet, it's occured the message "Internet Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close...". Strange, but until now, only when I want to open some news who are in my E-Mail on Yahoo (from Wall-Street News), this problem is occurred. The details of this error are:
Error signature
AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16876 ModName: mshtml.dll
ModVer: 7.0.6000.16890 Offset: 000965de
My operating system is Windows XP Professional (5.1.2600) Service Pack 3 and the application for browsing the Internet is Windows Internet Explorer 7.
I have tryed to run regsvr32..., but it doesn't work. I receive the message "mshtml.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. This file can not be registered".
I can not also rewrite a new downloaded mshtml.dll file instead the old file in WINDOWS/System32.
Perhaps this problem is happened because in the past I have used CCleaner and this is not appropriate?
I don't know.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

Hi Spandau, welcome to WTT.

I did a quick search on AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 7.0.6000.16876 ModName: mshtml.dll

and found this here: http://www.nocrash.c...msgs/3138.shtml

problem solved
go to tools/ internet options/advance tab/uncheck enable third party
browser extentions

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#3 Spandau

Spandau

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:31 AM

It works, I have checked since then until now. Problem solved. Thank you very, very much. All the best, Spandau