This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Bluetooth device not working anymore after virus clean-up

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,

I contacted yous a few weeks ago to fix my computer after i got the "XP antivirus 2010" bug. See thread Previous Problem Thread HERE

I the only problem i have noticed since then is that my internal bluetooth device is no longer working. I have checked it and it says the device is installed and working, but when i try to send a photo to my mobile phone from my laptop (or vice-versa) i get the message:

Bluetooth device not found.
Please verify that you bluetooth device is properly connected and turned on

It was working previously to the virus. Have i accidently upset some of the network settings for it?

I have a Dell Vostro 1500 laptop and am running XP sp3

Thanks
I followed that advice step by step but still nothing. When i try to do the following: click Start, click Run, type bthprops.cpl nothing happens. In SYSTEM, DEVICE MANAGER it says that the bluetooth device is actived and working correctly, but i have no bluetooth icon in the system menu taskbar (lower right hand corner of screen)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI