I lost connectivity to my bluetooth devices a while back and have been fighting to get it back. I have completely removed the bluetooth radio and reinstalled it with the lasted drivers from Dell. I am able to pair devices but cannot control them. When I click on Control in the right click menu for a device I get the dialog box in the attached file.
Bluetooth Issues
2 min read
Since they can be paired, it seems the Bluetooth portion works. Do you have another computer you can try this on?
What version of Windows?
Bluetooth speakers and headphones. Everything connects and works correctly on my other computer. I have a suspesion it is a registry issue but I hesitate to run any kind of registry cleaner. Been there, done that, promised Whatthetech I would never do it again!
I have also booted to a Windows repair disk and run the repair function and it found nothing and run sfc /scannow from a C:. The results from the system file scan says there is one repair that will be made at bootup but when I boot several times all the way into windows and then to the repair disk and run sfc from the C: it still says the same thing.
Still think it is registry related.
Any suggestions?
Does the SFC error seem to apply to these devices? If so, you might head over to Sysnative and follow the "SFC and Windows Update posting instructions" as seen in the right side panel to have one of the SFC experts have a look.
Otherwise, the only thing I can suggest is to start completely over by uninstalling all these devices and drivers, rebooting, then installing them again.
When I upgraded from Win 7 pro which came with the PC to 8 then 8.1 and finally 10 I lost Bluetooth - actually the adviser going from 7 to 8 told me I would lose it.
If I got a Bluetooth dongle with disc could I use Bluetooth with my PC which is now running Win 10 pro x 64?
I want to transfer photos to and from my Galaxy S5 without the USB cable and the apps don't work well for this job.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI